cinema

this will be from jongin's perspective :)

it's 10 minutes until the end of jongin's shift when he sees you again. he works every other day and you're there on 90% of his shifts. he doesn't know you so he doesn't want to say anything but he's a little worried about you. who goes to see movies so often alone? you usually look sad when he sees you, he wonders if something bad happened to you. it's been months since you started coming and you seem sad every time you come in.

he sees you walking over to him so he smiles in what he hopes is a friendly way.

"hi there, what can i get you today?" he asks.

"just a large popcorn," you mumble.

"anything to drink with that?"

"no."

he nods and turns around to scoop you your popcorn. when he hands it to you, you make eye contact for a few seconds and he notices how blank your eyes are. his worry grows.

"are you okay?" he asks.

"fine, why?" you reply.

"i don't know, you've been here a lot in the past few months and you look sad," he says. you shrug and hand him the money for the popcorn.

"thanks," you say. you start to walk away but jongin calls to stop you.

"i know i don't know you and i have no place to ask but do you maybe want to talk?" he says. "you look like you need someone to listen."

you hesitate, jongin understand as you don't know him, but you eventually nod.

"so, are you okay?" he asks.

"no," you reply. "i lost my twin brother about half a year ago and it's just been really hard to deal with. we used to come here all the time and it's kind of the one place where i still feel connected to him."

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry," jongin says. "can i ask what happened?"

"car crash, he died instantly."

jongin frowns sympathetically and reaches out to pat your shoulder.

"i'm sorry," he whispers.

"it's fine," you say. jongin doesn't believe you and offers the only idea he has to help you feel better.

"my shift is over soon, how about we go into one of the theatres and i'll set up a movie for us to watch," he says.

"i don't know," you say. "i should probably just go home."

"just one movie," he says. you study jongin but eventually give in and nod.

"just one," you say.

once jongin's shift's over, he leads you to an empty theatre before rushing to the back and finding a movie for you to watch. he rushes back to you once he has one and sits down in the seat beside yours.

"will you get in trouble for this?" you ask.

"probably," he replies. you start to try and convince him to stop but the movie starts and jongin quietly shushes you.

"just watch the movie," he whispers. you stare at him for a few seconds before turning your attention to the screen and relaxing in your seat.

——

when the movie is over, you turn to look at jongin and smile gently.

"thank you," you say.

"of course," jongin replies. he places his hand on your arm in a reassuring way and you can't take your eyes off it.

"you know," you say, "when my brother and i used to come, we would always talk about this really cute employee that i wanted to get closer to in some kind of way. he would get tired of me talking about it but i really liked him."

"who is it? i could talk to him for you," jongin offers. you smile and look up at him with a certain look in your eye, jongin gasping when he realizes what you mean.

"me?" he asks.

"yeah," you reply. "my brother would tell me to go for it but i was too scared. someone so beautiful wouldn't like someone so plain like me. i just wanted to tell you because i won't be coming around as often anymore. it's not healthy for me."

just the thought of not seeing you as much makes jongin's heart ache and he does the first thing he can think of; leans in and kisses you. you gasp in surprise into his lips but nervously kiss him back.

"i have to admit," he says when he pulls away, "i only started noticing you when you were here so often in the past few months, but i think you're beautiful. i just wanted to wrap you up and hug you until you didn't feel sad anymore. if you'd let me, i'd like to see you more often. like out on a date, as my girlfriend."

your eyes widen but your face slowly spreads into a smile.

"i'd like that, too," you say. jongin smiles and leans in to kiss you again.

so i've had this request for months now and i've finally gotten around to writing it 😂 this was for @netflixandnini, i hope you liked it, sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. thanks for reading!