mother's day

i wake up to the sound of whispering happening above me and when a small smile breaks out on my face, i know i'm caught.

"aha, you're awake!" jongin says. i open my eyes and smile when i see him and our 5 year old son, jaemin, kneeling on the bed.

"happy mother's day!" they both yell.

"thank you," i say. i sit up and jaemin immediately crawls onto my lap.

"i got you a present!" he says. he hands me a card so i open it and smile even more when i see that he actually wrote in it.

"thank you, jae," i say. i kiss his forehead then he moves and suddenly jongin is sitting on my lap. i grumble at his weight and hear jaemin giggle behind him.

"i got you a present, too," jongin says. he gives me a little box and when i open it, my eyes widen. it's the necklace i was looking at in my favourite jewelry store, one that i showed jongin once.

"you remembered," i say.

"of course," he replies. he tilts my head up so i kiss him, smiling when his hand slides into my hair.

"gross, kissing!" jaemin says. jongin pulls away from me and turns to jaemin in mock shock.

"hey, you're supposed to be happy that we're kissing," he says. jaemin sticks his tongue out at jongin and scurries out of the room.

"that little devil," jongin mumbles as he runs after our son. i know he's caught him when i hear jaemin squeal excitedly. what idiots i live with.

i follow them out of the bedroom and see jongin carefully swinging jaemin around while the latter laughs in delight.

"higher, daddy, higher!" he says.

"if i go any higher you'll hit something," jongin says. he puts jaemin back down who then runs to me and demands to be picked up.

"go downstairs, mommy," he says once he's in my arms. i follow his instructions and he leads me to the kitchen where i see breakfast already set up.

"did you do this, jae?" i ask.

"yes, all by myself!" he replies.

"you did?" i look at jongin who nods enthusiastically when jaemin follows my gaze. "good job, baby, it looks delicious."

i sit down in one of the chairs and jaemin insists on cutting my pancakes for me. they're very sloppy with some pieces too big for me to comfortably eat, but i take all of them eagerly to please jaemin.

once finished, he offers me another one but i decline.

"i'm super full, baby, those were delicious," i say. he grins widely so i smile back then look at jongin who's watching us.

"our moms are coming over later," he says. i sigh but nod. neither of our moms have been supportive of our relationship and jaemin, considering we're still not married. it's not important to us whether we are or not but apparently it is to them.

"grandma and nanny are coming?" jaemin asks. i nod and his smile grows.

"yay!" he says. "i have to go and change so i look nice for them!"

he jumps off my lap and runs up the stairs to his room so i turn to jongin.

"i kind of wish he would see that they don't love him as much as he loves them," i say.

"i hope they learn to love him before he has to," jongin says. i agree then feel his hand slide into mine.

"let's talk about this another day, jaemin and i have a whole day planned for you," he says. he kisses me quickly then runs upstairs after jaemin, leaving me smiling. best mother's day with the best family.

this one is a lot cuter than my chanyeol one 😂 i hope you liked it :)