skype

it's been almost a year since i've seen my boyfriend jongin in person and i miss him more than words can describe. i moved to los angeles to study music and as jongin is busy with exo i haven't been able to be with him in a while. i also couldn't make it home over the last summer break as i had to work to be able to afford to pay for tuition. we skype almost every day, though, and it's easily the best part of my day.

when we connect, i place my laptop down on my desk and smile at jongin who is still checking himself out in the camera.

"you look fine, babe," i say, chuckling.
"just making sure my hair's not a mess," he says.

he slides his headphones on so he can't be distracted by the other members before giving me his most beautiful smile.

"i miss you," he says.
"i miss you, too," i reply. "how are you?"
"oh, you know, tired but good. i'm so excited to be performing again."
"i'm glad."
"how are you? school okay?"
"yeah. i can't believe the semester is almost over."
"it's really gone by fast."
"it has. only 3 more weeks until i can see you!"

he grins at the reminder and it makes me grin back.

"i'm so excited for you to come," he says.
"me too. do the boys know yet?"
"no, i'm keeping it a surprise. junmyeon hyung won't shut up about how much he misses you."
"aw, tell him i miss him too! all of them. i miss my chanyeol cuddles, i miss driving around with baek, singing with jongdae, hardcore judging all of you with sehun and have dad-joke competitions with myeonnie. i miss them all so much."
"what about me?"

he's pouting but i can tell he's not really that upset.

"you? i don't know, not much," i tease.
"hey!" he whines.
"okay, fine. maybe i miss hugging you, and kissing you, and sleeping in the same bed as you. my bed here gets too cold at night."
"so does mine. i tried replacing you with chanyeol hyung but he snores too much. also he sleeps with his eyes open, it's terrifying."
"he always has. when we had sleepovers as children i refused to turn over to face him."
"i can't believe you slept with him before me."

i scoff and he just grins in return.

"we were 10, jongin," i say.
"hey, you're the one that made it inappropriate," he says.

i roll my eyes and he just scrunches his nose up, mocking me. we discuss some more things about what's happened since we've seen each other and before i know it it's 1am for him and we've been talking for an hour. luckily it's a saturday so he doesn't have schedules tomorrow but he should still get some sleep.

"you should probably go to bed," i say, resting my head in my hand to stare at him.
"i don't want to," he says, pouting.
"you need to rest, don't overwork yourself," i say. "and anyway, i have assignments to finish still so i should probably work on those."
"okay. i'll talk to you tomorrow, though?"
"yeah. same time?"
"sure."

we stare at each other in silence for a few seconds before a fond smile graces his face.

"you're so pretty," he whispers.
"nah, you're prettier," i reply.
"not possible."

before i even have the chance to argue he blows me a kiss and a wink.

"i love you."
"i love you, too. see you in 3 weeks."
"i'll be there to pick you up. good luck with exams, baby."
"thank you. good luck with promotions. i'll be watching your 'knowing brother's' episode when it comes out."

he smiles wider and thanks me. we exchange some more goodbyes before he ends the call and i close my laptop. i send a message to our big group chat to tell the other boys i miss them then settle down with my books to finish my assignments. i can not wait for the semester to be over so i can finally be with the ones i love again.

so i saw those pics above and just immediately knew i had to write about a long distance relationship. i hope you liked it!