babysitter

a little longer than usual lol also some p.o.v changes :)

"when's the babysitter coming?" i ask kyungsoo. i'm going out shopping with my friends today and they specifically told me i'm not allowed to bring my son, shikyung (MY SWEET BABY SHIKYUNG!). i didn't have any idea of a babysitter to hire so i had to resort to asking my friend kyungsoo instead. he recommended someone but they still haven't showed up, and i'm about to leave.

"he said he'd be here soon," kyungsoo says.

"i have to go now," i say.

"it's okay, i can wait with kyung until he arrives."

"can't you just stay and look after him then?"

"i can't. i have an appointment in an hour."

i sigh and pick shikyung up from where he's clinging onto my leg.

"mommy has to go now, uncle soo is going to wait with you until your babysitter comes, okay?" i say.

"can i go with you, mommy?" he asks.

"i'm sorry, baby, but i'm spending time with my friends today."

he pouts and snuggles his head into my shoulder so i rub up and down his back.

"i'll be back in a few hours, okay?" i press a kiss on his forehead then hand him over to kyungsoo. "i love you."

"love you too, mama," he says. i kiss his head again then ruffle kyungsoo's hair before reluctantly leaving.

*jongin*

jongin knocks on the door of the person he's babysitting for's house and he's surprised when kyungsoo answers it instead.

"what are you doing here?" he asks.

"waiting for you," kyungsoo replies. "come in."

jongin follows him through the house and into the living room where he sees a, maybe, 4 year old boy on the couch.

"kyungie, your babysitter is here," kyungsoo says. the little boy runs over and lets kyungsoo pick him up so he can face jongin.

"hi, i'm shikyung," he says, holding his tiny hand out. an alarm goes off in jongin's head at the boy's name, the name of his character in a drama he did, but shakes the thought away. he has millions of fans who would name their kid after his character.

"hi, buddy, i'm jongin," he says, shaking shikyung's hand.

"well, it's time for me to leave, so have fun you two." kyungsoo puts shikyung down and quickly tells jongin everything he'll need to know.

"his mother will be back in a few hours, just keep him entertained for a bit," he says. he pats jongin on the back and ruffles shikyung's hair before leaving the house.

"so, what shall we do, little man?" jongin asks.

"i wanna watch my show!" shikyung says. jongin nods and plops down on the couch, smiling when the child climbs onto his lap. shikyung plays around with the remote until he finds the show he wants, coincidentally, jongin's show andante.

"hey," shikyung says, "you look like him!" he looks between jongin and 'shikyung' so jongin shrugs.

"weird," he says. little shikyung shrugs too and turns back to the show, almost immediately forgetting jongin behind him.

as the boy watches the show, jongin catches sight of their reflection in a mirror and notices that they kind of look alike. they have the same eye and mouth shape. is it normal to look like the kid you're babysitting? his mind is probably playing tricks on him. he's just confused. it'll all clear up when the kid's mother comes home.

*(y/n)*

i unlock the door and grin when i hear tiny footsteps running towards me. i barely have time to register anything before shikyung is barreling into my legs.

"mommy, mommy, you're home!" he cries. "i missed you!"

"i missed you, too, baby," i say. i bend down to kiss him while shutting the door behind me then walk towards the living room. i place my bag down on the kitchen counter and look up to thank the babysitter but freeze. our eyes meet for the first time in years and i want to look away but i can't. i haven't seen those eyes in so long.

"jongin," i whisper.

"(y/n)?" he says. "is shikyung your son?"

"yes."

he goes silent but his eyes slowly widen as he seems to piece everything together.

"how old is he?"

"4."

"we broke up 4 years ago."

"yeah."

"he's named after my character in andante."

"yes."

"we have the same facial features."

i don't reply but i don't need to.

"he's mine," he whispers. i nod and bow my head down so i don't have to look at him.

"why didn't you tell me we have a son?" he asks.

"because you're famous, jongin," i say. "i broke up with you because i got pregnant and i couldn't tell you. i couldn't ask you to raise a child while still being in exo. your fans would kill you, your management would kill you. it was for the best."

he walks closer until we're face-to-face and reaches up to brush my hair out of my face.

"you should have told me," he says. "i don't care that i'm in the group, i would have done anything to be around and be a good dad."

"i know but i just couldn't, you didn't need the extra stress."

he sighs and pulls me into a hug.

"having a beautiful family is not stressful, it's wonderful," he says. he pulls away and smiles at me before leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"i've missed out on 4 years of your lives, but i still love you," he says. "i'd like to be a part of your family, if you'd let me. i'd like to get to know my son."

i look down at shikyung at our feet who looks confused but smiles anyway, the same cute smile that jongin has when he's happy.

"i'd love that, if it's what you want," i say.

"it is," he says. i smile and place a kiss on his cheek. who knew i'd come home to a babysitter but end up with a family.

so this is super long but i like it so i hope you guys do, too :)