Suspenseful Shopping

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter seventeen and takes place before chapter eighteen. Takes place on the seventh of Harpstring Moon. Takes place after (and references) the "Forgiveness and Truth" part. References "The Argument In The Lions' Den" part, "Washing Dishes" part and Gronder Field arc. After the A support between Dimitri and Felix. References Ashe and Petra's C Support and references Felix and Annette's A support. References Dimitri and Sylvain's support

-----

It was late in the afternoon and the quartet Byleth, Petra, Sylvain and Felix were about to leave the monastery to go to the marketplace.

They all had their hoods over their heads in order to disguise themselves when they arrived at the marketplace. Perta wanted them to wear the hoods in case anyone from the opposing armies might potentially recognise them.

They all made it to the entrance hall and Sylvain was a bit dumbfounded by the idea of going to a different marketplace than the one they'd normally go to for supplies.

"So...Petra, why exactly are we going to a different marketplace? It's...much further away." Sylvain frowned.

Petra turned towards Sylvain. "Well this is including many more variety of things to buy for others. The current marketplace we would go to normally has more battle related items opposed to the marketplace that has gifts and crops. Oh and the rude pink haired merchant isn't in the other marketplace."

"The rude pin-"

"Ow!"

Felix fell down to the ground after bumping into someone.

The person he bumped into brushed themselves down and apologised.

"My apologies, I...Felix?"

Felix looked up at the person he bumped into and immediately groaned. "Boar."

It was Dimitri that he had bumped into.

Sylvain went silent, not really knowing what to say when it came to His Highness.

Dimitri offered his hand to Felix to help him up but Felix rejected it.

"Oh Dimitri. It is nice to...er nice to be seeing you here. Would you perhaps like to go with us to the marketplace?" Petra asked.

Felix's frown deepened when Petra asked.

"Well I am free now but... mind if I ask why are you all going to the marketplace?" Dimitri asked.

"We are getting a birthday present for Annette. Her birthday is in two days." Byleth clarified.

Dimitri's eye lit up a bit. "I see. I was thinking about getting her something soon also, but I wasn't sure when. Though I'm not sure if I should go because I really don't want to get in the way."

"How are you in the way? Just walk beside us." Petra understood him literally and made space for him.

"You're not in the way Dimitri so don't worry about it." Byleth reassures him.

Dimitri felt a little less tense. "Ok, then um...I'll go with you all."

"Do you have a hood though? And you know how to ride a horse right?" Byleth asked.

"I do not have a hood on me right now but I do know how to ride a horse." Dimitri nodded.

"Oh then I'll run to go get one for you then!" Petra ran away from the four to go to her quarters.

The four of them were alone with one another and it was a bit awkward.

"Professor, are you going to ride on the same horse as Petra?" Sylvain asked.