Nowhere Left To Hide Part 8/10: "Memories"

-----

Three months after "Nowhere Left To Hide Part 7: 4 Years...", 22nd of Ethreal Moon, Year 1185, almost Five years after "Wonders Of The Future." The morning.

-----

Dimitri woke up differently to normal due to having an unfamiliar dream.

It was... a weird dream.

It started with him, being alone in the dark, wandering around.

Until... he saw his father Lambert walk up towards him.

Dimitri already knew what he was going to say and quickly said something before his father could say it for him.

"I will kill Edelgard Father! I-"

"That's not why I am here." Lambert cut off his son.

Dimitri seemed confused. "Huh?"

Others whom also lost their lives such as Glenn, his stepmother, Dedue & Jeralt came up from behind.

"Go to Garreg Mach Monastery..." They all said in a soft tone instead of their angry one.

"What? But why d-"

"Go now! Keep that other promise you made for me and everyone else..." A familiar voice said out of nowhere.

Dimitri recognised the voice and tried to find the one whom had it. No one had one like hers.

No one...had a voice like Byleth...

He could finally see her appearing while all the other ghosts around him now faded away.

She appeared and walk in front of everyone else. She went straight to Dimitri and faced him.

"Dimitri! Wake up and keep your promise!" Byleth said.

"What! But I..."

"Please..."

There was some sudden sunlight that suddenly appeared behind her. Dimitri had no idea what promise she was talking about.

He woke up right after that light, putting him in major confusion.

He looked up around him.

There were ghosts all around him, they seemed completely different to how they were in his dream...

He stood up and was scared.

The chants were in his ears but...he knew he needed to do something.

He needed to go to the monastery...

Dimitri wasn't sure what to think of his dream.

But...

There was something inside of him, as if it was his older side, screaming at him to go to the Monastery and...

He feels like he should listen to it.

As if that was more important than killing Edelgard.

So.. He did and made his journey to the monastery.

-----

The trip to going to the monastery wasn't easy but he made it.

However there were Imperial Soldiers investigating the places that were once the reception hall and entrance hall of the Monastery, looking for thieves.

Dimitri saw these Imperial Soldiers and his anger took over.

He murdered them all, one by one.

He then later on killed some of the thieves before any new ones could arrive.