Lost and Now Found

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter fifteen and takes place before chapter sixteen. Takes place after the "Saint Indech Day" part, "Reflection" part, "Forgotten Hero" part and "Blue Blood" part. Takes place on the 11th of Lone Moon. References "Jeralt's Ring & Diary" part and "Returned" part.

-----

In the afternoon of the day, Dimitri decides to leave the Cathedral.

He wants to go and train. He hasn't done that in a while because of his shoulder.

It wasn't exactly a unique day in the Cathedral. Byleth did come to the Cathedral but mainly to go to that weird counsellor box of some sort but she left not too long ago now. Most of the other people came in and came out every now and then.

Pretty much the same old.

Dimitri turned around from the broken pieces and started to head out of the Cathedral.

He had his head down, hearing those voices in his head again...

He kept walking and walking...

Then...he stopped...

Something on the floor caught his eye.

There was something...bright on the floor?

Something very small but bright.

Did someone drop something?

Dimitri couldn't help but pick it up. He didn't really know why he did.

When he picked up, he looked at it.

...It was a ring!

It was a white ring with purple in the middle, the purple looked like it was shaped as some type of flower of some sorts...

Dimitri found this ring rather...fascinating even if it had only two colours...

But also...he felt weird...

Like he's seen this ring before...

He holds onto it carefully, trying not to accidentally break this fragile ring.

He walks out of the Cathedral and then to the reception hall.

He could hear some voices...

A slightly bratty voice was heard speaking first. "Professor, I looked everywhere for your ring but I couldn't find it anywhere!"

A smug, sarcastic toned voice that Dimitri for some reason knew. It sort of sounded like Sylvain but it wasn't the exact same. "When you say 'you looked everywhere', you mean only in the Dining Hall Hilda? Knowing you, I doub-"

"Yuri shhh!"

Dimitri went closer to where those voices came from.

"I'm sorry Professor, I looked everywhere too but I couldn't find it. Are you sure it's not in your room?" A sweet, kind voice was heard.

These people talking were...Byleth, Yuri, Mercedes & Hilda

Byleth shook her head to Mercedes' question and threw out a sigh. "No, I already looked there. I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot, I shouldn't have lost my ring."

Yuri frowned. "Don't call yourself an idiot because you lost something. Everyone loses something. It happens, you know." 

Byleth threw out a long sigh.

Hilda seemed pretty surprised. "Well, I'd like to know something Professor, you never showed that much interest in jewellery, so...why the sud-"

"Hate to interrupt and all but it looks like we've got some company. Your Lordship, care to join us?" Yuri caught Dimitri watching them.