The Jealous Prince

-----

Pre time skip, takes place after chapter 6 and takes place before chapter 7. After "Joke telling" part. Beginning of this part takes place on the eighth of the Wyvern Moon. However it time skips to the morning of the next day which is the ninth of that Wyvern Moon.

-----

Sylvain was always quick to get on Dimitri's nerves.

He always a troublemaker to deal with. He was quick to misbehave, was always skirt chasing and did take pleasure in annoying Dimitri by teasing him about the most bizarre things. Dimitri must have given him many lectures a ton of times. However, Sylvain getting on Dimitri's nerves can be an unintentional misunderstanding from time to time. Though rare, still it can happen. It hadn't happened in a while.

One day however, Dimitri and Dedue were heading off to the marketplace to repair some broken weapons. They were both carrying broken weapons.

"Your highness, please allow me to carry more of those broken weapons of yours" Dedue insists despite him carrying way more weapons that Dimitri. They were both heading into the entrance hall. Ashe was talking to Ingrid and Annette. There were two other people in there but Dimitri couldn't see them yet.

"Don't worry Dedue, these weapons aren't fragile so I'll be-" Dimitri cuts himself off when two people catch the corner of his eye.

Sylvain and Byleth...

They seemed to be talking about lance skills from what you can hear since they were both loud enough for everyone in the room to hear them. Byleth was explaining certain lance skills to Sylvain and he was just listening.

Yet...for some reason this caused Dimitri to stand still and glare at Sylvain...

Dimitri could hear what they were saying and understood that they were talking about lance skills along with everyone else in the room.

...But still for some reason, Dimitri was glaring at Sylvain but not the same way as he would normally glare. Sylvain's brown eyes were able to catch Dimitri's presence and then caught the glare Dimitri was throwing at him. Sylvain was confused and felt very unnerved from this random hostility from his childhood friend since he had no idea why he was glaring at him. Ingrid saw the glare and then so did Annette & Ashe.

They were all very confused about Dimitri. Dedue realised that Dimitri stopped walking and was glaring towards Sylvain. Byleth seemed to be the only person who didn't notice that Dimitri was glaring. Dedue stopped walking and asked Dimitri what the problem was.

"Your Highness, you seem a bit distressed, does it have anything to do with Sylvain and The Professor?" Dedue asked.

Dimitri shrugged and shook his head. "No, it's nothing" and continued walking to the marketplace. However the tone he had when he said that, didn't go unnoticed by Dedue...

Or Sylvain for that matter...

Sylvain noticed the look Dimitri gave him and was confused himself. It wasn't the normal glare he'd normally get whenever Sylvain provoked him. It was... different this time. Ingrid noticed it too. He started to think about it even when Dimitri already left the entrance hall and he kind of stopped listening to Byleth. She eventually noticed that he stopped listening.

"Sylvain, are you even listening to me?" Byleth asked

"...Huh? Oh uh sorry Professor, can you repeat that? I um got distracted..." Sylvain admitted.

Byleth sighed but did as he asked.

Ashe, Annette and Ingrid seemed to be confused themselves but said nothing and went back to their conversation.