Chaos and Trust

-----

Pre timeskip, after chapter 9 and before chapter 10. Date is unknown but the moon is the Ethereal Moon.

-----

Dimitri despised whoever the flame emperor was.

He believes that the evil Flame Emperor was responsible for the Tragedy of Duscur. Which means his family, friends... were all killed by them. 

It was unforgivable and since that day, Dimitri promised to avenge them.

Even though its been four years since they had caused that... the Flame Emperor and his group of evil continue to keep doing revolting things such as Remire Village and murder Jeralt. His professor's father. Such acts make him want to avenge everyone even more.

Dimitri's nightmares and the souls of those who died make sure he'd never forget what his aim is. After all, that was the only reason he came to the officers academy. The memories he spent there were some of the best he's ever had but he still tried to never let himself forget his true duty.

The inner voices reminded him of it each day but ever since he went to the Officer's academy, they quieted down a lot more. He was starting to slightly forget his true duty the more he spent with his classmates and his professor. 

That was until Jeralt was murdered by them. They took another life from someone again. They turned the atmosphere gloomy again... That won't go unpunished and he swears by that.

To say this month's atmosphere was gloomy would be an understatement. Everyone mourned over Jeralt's passing, Dimitri included but Byleth clearly mourned the most.

Which was understandable, she lost her father just like he did. Her condition was no different to his when he lost his own father die in front him.

He tried comforting her earlier and he gave her more thoughts to think about. He hopes that he cheered up a bit from that.

But regardless if she did cheer up from that or not, she clearly was sad and it seemed as if it was going to stay like this until the enemy was found.

Dimitri had always wanted to know who was behind that mask of the Flame Emperor's. He wanted to know who the evil and heartless person that destroyed countless lives including his own. He was going to make sure he'd kill them, regardless of who that was.

However a few days after... Something made him hesitant.

Him and the professor overheard this conversation that the Flame Emperor, Thales and "Monica" were having. He attempted to attack them but they all escaped. The Flame Emperor however dropped his weapon.

When Dimitri saw the weapon, he was in shock as if he'd seen the worst thing in the world.

He was thinking to himself. "It can't be her... It just..." He was shocked and mortified. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

He kept denying it, trying to come up with the idea that it was someone else behind that mask despite the amount of possibilities that point to the person he had in mind.

"She'd never do such a thing... There is no possible way. Why... why would she even do that? I know she wouldn't do that..." Dimitri kept denying whoever this person was. He didn't make this very clear to Byleth which is why she didn't say anything.

Dimitri had always wanted to know the evil behind that mask but...

Now... He wasn't entirely sure if he did want to know...

Regardless though if it did turn out to be who it is...

Then... They won't live long after what they had done.

Especially since he had so much memories with them...

.....

He hopes it isn't.

-----

A/N: I know... this is really short and once again, a retell but it sets up a future part which is coming out the same day as this one lol.

Anyways thanks for reading guys :)