Heartbreaking Tears...

A/N: THIS WILL HAVE MAJOR SPOILERS OF CHAPTER 9 FOR FIRE EMBLEM THREE HOUSES! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T REACHED THERE YET! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Ok well, here is the most emotional part I've written for this series so far, yeeesh. I always wondering where on earth everyone was when Byleth and Jeralt were alone with Monica and how they found out what happened to Jeralt since it's never shown nor explained how they found out at all. So I decided to write this part like this on what takes during the incident just to let you know. 

This one is a bit more sappy and sad compared everything else I wrote so uh sorry lol.

-----

Pre timeskip right after chapter 9/Jeralt's death, on the 26th of the Ethereal Moon.

-----

The mission for this moon was a success but Jeralt was confused.

He wasn't sure where these attacks suddenly came from, first Remire village and now this? After saving the students, he decided to investigate the chapel with Byleth.

"Me and the kid are going to investigate the chapel to see if there is any evidence from the perpetrators, you all help get the remaining victims to safety using that indoor shelter over there. Once we have reached a conclusion, we will catch up with you all" Jeralt told the Blue Lion students.

Dimitri nodded. "Understood."

Dimitri and everyone else left the two of them alone and the relatives started to investigate.

They all arrived in this indoor shelter Jeralt was referring to and helped comforting the victims as much as they can. The shelter that Jeralt was referring to wasn't exactly far away but it wasn't easy to see Byleth and her father from there. The victims were praising and complimenting the people who saved them.

"We owe you our lives!" 

"Thank you so much!" 

"You guys are amazing!"

This amount of praise did embarrass the Blue Lions students but they were very happy to hear so. They were just glad that everyone was safe.

But then it started to rain after a while.

"It's a good thing that the Captain told us to come to the indoor shelter for these victims" Ingrid said.

Then Dimitri realised how long it's been since they left the Professor and Jeralt. He couldn't get rid of the feeling that something was very wrong and felt out of place.

"I'm going to check on the Professor and Jeralt, you all wait here" Dimitri stood up and started to leave but only to be stopped by Dedue.

"Your Highness, may I accompany you?" Dedue asks as he stopped Dimitri

"No, don't worry Dedue, I'll only be a minute." Dimitri smiled reassuringly at Dedue.

However this smile and statement of Dimitri's has not entirely convinced Dedue... 

...and it didn't really convince Dimitri himself either. 

"Your highness, If you take over 15 minutes, I will look for you." Dedue gives Dimitri a serious look.

Dimitri sighed in defeat "Alright fine, If I don't return before then, feel free to look for me" and then proceeded to leave.

-----

Dimitri was soaking wet but he managed to ignore that. He wasn't far off from where he last saw the two so he loudly called out their names.

"Professor? Captain Jeralt?"