Humour

-----

Pre timeskip, Takes place after chapter fourteen and takes place before chapter fifteen. Takes place on the fifteenth of Pegasus Moon. Takes place after "Hidden" part, "Withered Flowers" part & "A Gift for Her" part. References "Refusal" part and "A Gift for Her" part. Very minor spoilers for certain monastery dialogues in Silver Snow (nothing that spoils the game though).

-----

When training was once again finished for the day, Byleth went into the Cathedral.

She didn't try to talk to Dimitri though. Instead she leaned on one of the poles while still standing up.

She seemed slightly stressed out because of the plans for the mission ahead. She did occasionally look at Dimitri and everyone else present in the room for no reason but most of the time, she was just mumbling to herself while randomly looking at the ground.

After a small while, she suddenly felt someone's hand on her shoulder from behind.

"Hello!" An eager voice was also heard.

Both of these sudden actions startled her and caused her to quickly turn around.

This person behind was Dorothea.

Dorothea seemed to be in a cheerful mood which was a bit refreshing since the atmosphere has been pretty gloomy lately.

Dorothea apologised for startling her while still being cheerful. "Oops! Sorry Bylie! I didn't mean to scare you! I just wanted to talk."

"Oh hello Dor- uh did you just call me Bylie?" Byleth realised mid-way that Dorothea did not refer to her as an unfamiliar strange name which caused her to slightly flinch.

Dorothea smiled and blushed a bit. "Yes, I did. While there will still be times I'll call you professor, I'd like to give you a nickname you know just like I gave my former classmates, if you don't mind me doing that of course..."

Byleth nodded. "I don't mind. Feel free to call me that."

Dorothea eyes brightened. "Great! Though I did admittedly have another nickname in mind but it didn't sit quite well with me especially since it doesn't sound like your name..."

"Oh? What was it?" Byleth was curious to see what other nickname Dorothea had in mind.

Byleth's response made Dorothea giggle a little bit.

"Haha Curious Bylie? Well I was eating some candy and when doing so... I for some reason thought of the name Bubbles, It's strange, I'm not even sure why..." Dorothea wondered.

Byleth felt a bit odd about this...unique discussion but she shrugged it off. "...Anyways uh Dorothea, did you need me for anything?"

Dorothea lifted her head up higher in realisation. "Oh Right! Yes I did Professor, I have a perfect impersonation of someone and I'd love for you to hear it!"

"Oh um.. ok? Who is it of?" Byleth asked.

"You know that gatekeeper in the marketplace, outside in front of the monastery? That happy guy?" Dorothea clarified.

"Um yes, you're doing one of him?" Byleth wasn't expecting Dorothea to do one of him of all people.

Dorothea looked proud. "Indeed!"

"Ok, I'd like to hear it though, I must ask Dorothea...Was there any particular reason you wanted me to hear it?"

Dorothea looks a bit pale which made Byleth immediately regret asking. "Oh Dorothea! I didn't mean to sound-"