The Tragedy Of Gronder Part 5/5: "It's Over..."

-----

Post timeskip, takes place the morning after the events of "The Tragedy Of Gronder Part 4: Live for what you believe in" part. Do not read any further if you haven't read that. Also part won't make much sense if you haven't read "What's the Matter Lion?" part, "Voice" part and "The Argument In The Lions' Den" part.

-----

Dimitri's eyes fluttered open again...but he wasn't in the infirmary this time...

He was lying on the ground somewhere.

He stood up and looked around.

It was sunny and he was on some type of grassy field.

Kind of like that...dream from the other day..

"No...I don't want to dream that again..." Dimitri panicked...

He can see a person in the shade up ahead but cannot identify due to how dark it is over there.

He felt scared...

He yelled at the person, assuming it was another ghost. "S-stay away! I won't let you control me anymore..."

The person was walking closer and closer which made Dimitri panic.

He walked backwards out of fear. "Go away! I will not go back to the darkness! I refuse to allow you to control me again!"

The person had an echoey voice. "𝕎𝕙𝕪'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥.....𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕕.....?"

Dimitri's heart started beating so fast that it terrified him.

However....He knew he cannot allow himself to be scared...

Rodrigue and Byleth's words replayed in his mind and regained his confidence

He walked forwards toward the person and confronted them. "Because my life belongs to me and only me! I...I will not let myself act foolish anymore! I... I want to be alive again! To truly live again! Live for what I believe in!"

The shadow suddenly stopped walking towards Dimitri and then stood still.

...Then the sun shined over them.

Dimitri then could see who it was.

It was his younger self's ghost.

But...it was different this time..

The ghost was smiling at him and was tearing up with tears of joy...

Not in a taunting or scary type of way though...in a genuinely happy way.

"Why are you here again?" Dimitri didn't know what to think.

The ghost of his 13 year old self just stared at him, there was a glow of humanity in his eyes.

Then it hit Dimitri...

This ghost isn't a ghost...he's still alive...

Just Dimitri refused to allow it to stay alive ever since he swore revenge...

"Do you understand now..? I'm still alive, I will not let you kill me because that's impossible..."

Dimitri just stared at him. He had no words..

The ghost walked closer to Dimitri until it was directly in front of him...

Dimitri didn't move back...he let it look at him...