Saint Indech Day

-----

Post timeskip, takes place after chapter fifteen and takes place before chapter sixteen. Takes place on Saint Indech Day. Takes place on the second of the Lone Moon. References "Voice" part and "What's the matter lion?".

-----

Byleth, Alois & Shamir planned on doing a recital with the choir on Saint Indech Day.

Byleth was surprised that Alois somehow easily convinced Shamir the other night to take part of the recital in the morning since she hates singing and isn't someone who... really believes in the church much.

But Byleth did notice that her, Alois and Shamir have been getting closer lately which could be connected to the reason why she would want to come with them.

So the trio and the rest of the choir went to the Cathedral pretty early in that morning.

As they all entered the Cathedral, Byleth was half expecting to see Dimitri in the Cathedral again like he would normally be during the day.

However he wasn't there, mainly because it was the morning so it wasn't completely unusual.

Byleth, Shamir, Alois and the rest of the choir stopped where they were when they were in the middle of the Cathedral so they could start getting ready.

As they were all getting everything ready, Byleth stopped and stared at the broken pieces of the Cathedral without even realising it.

Looking at those broken pieces reminded her a bit of the conversation she had with Rodrigue last night.

She was like this for quite sometime until she felt someone's hand on her shoulder, causing her to slightly flinch.

"Hey. You alright?"

Byleth sighed in relief when she realised it was Shamir who spoke and did that.

She slightly turned her head towards Shamir. "I'm fine. Just a bit tired."

"Hm. Is that all?"

Byleth looked away. She couldn't really lie to Shamir for some reason. "No...I guess I'm just thinking thoughts and all that."

Alois walked over to them both and spoke. "Hey you two we are about to start th- Did something happen?"

Byleth turned around entirely to face both of them and shook her head. "No. Nothing really. Just thinking I guess."

"Is it about your friends or His Highness or Rhea?" Shamir got straight to the point.

"No."

And she was telling the truth.

"Is it something major?"

"No."

Shamir sighed. "Are you sure?"

Byleth nodded. "Positive."

Alois tries to make the situation better. "Hey well, I know how to get you in a more chipper mood! Why don't eggs-"

"Are you going to say that egg joke again?" Shamir quickly cut Alois off.

"Why yes I will."

"Bad idea."

"How so?"

"Remember when you said that joke last time? You said it in front of many people including myself at the same time and you're the only one who laughed." Shamir sighed.

"Wait really?" Byleth joined the conversation, in a better mood due to the unique interaction between the reserved Shamir and the goofy Alois.

"Yeah. I can tell you the story if you want. What do you think, Alois?" Shamir teased.