Nowhere Left To Hide Part 9/10: "Reunited"

-----

The night of the 23rd of Ethreal Moon, year 1185. A little bit before Dimitri killed those Imperial Soldiers in the previous part. Focuses on Byleth.

-----

Byleth heard a familiar voice despite the fact she couldn't open her eyes.

"You... How long do you intend to sleep? Your body is awake. Your eyes must open now, and you must find the strength to stand upon those legs of yours."

Byleth knew who this voice was, it made her feel a bit reassured to hear her voice again.

This voice continues. "Like so much rain, a pool of blood has fallen to the ground... As spears and arrows pierce the earth, it weeps. And even now... it weeps. In order to survive, they kill. And so, the people of this world lost in the Abyss of suffering. They weep as well. The only one who truly knows the nature of such things is I... Or rather, you."

Byleth instinctively said. "I'm still sleepy..."

This irritated the owner of the mysterious voice.

The mysterious voice sighed at Byleth's response "You are a complete utter fool! Have you not changed one bit?! Get on your feet. Right now! I'll coddle you no more! You are just like a child, always needing me to hold your hand..."

And just like that a bright shined and Byleth opened her eyes.

She saw some kind of villager, looking at her strangely from above.

"Hey! A-are you awake?" they asked.

Byleth got up and looked at him, confused. It seemed to have been night time but she couldn't really tell what time.

"Where am I?"

The villager answered. "We're in a village at the base of the monastery. What are you doing in a place like this? I honestly didn't expect to find someone floating away down the river... Garreg Mach is upstream of here, but that place was abandoned."

Byleth was even more confused. Garreg Mach had gotten abandoned?

"What do you mean?" She couldn't help but ask.

The villager was surprised that Byleth didn't know about what happened. "Huh you don't know? The Church of Seiros isn't there anymore. Though there have been some folks still living there in the five years since... Well, you know."

Byleth was getting more and more shocked. she thought to herself. "Had it been five years since.... that day I fell?! No... it couldn't be."

The villager sighed. "Anyways, I've heard some thieves have been spotted around those parts these days."

Byleth quickly something. "What year is it?"

The villager continued to be weirded out. It was an unusual situation. "Um, are you feeling all right? You didn't hit your head or anything, did you? It's the Ethereal moon of the year 1185. It's been nearly five years since the monastery fell. Tomorrow was supposed to be the millennium festival, but who's got time to think about things like that?"

The millennium festival... that sounded very familiar to Byleth.

"The millennium festival..." she accidentally said out loud to herself.

The villager continued. "Uh yeah, that is what I said. But with the war and the archbishop still being missing and all... I doubt there's a soul to be found who has enough blessings worth counting."

Byleth realised she had a promise!

A promise she made with the Blue Lion house which was to meet up with them in five years, on the Millennium Festival... which was tomorrow!