Voice

-----

Post time skip, takes place after chapter 13 and takes place before chapter 14. Takes place on the 11th of Guardian Moon. A week after the events of "Silence" and not long after "Refusal". Takes place in the early morning.

-----

Dimitri was in front of the broken pieces of the Cathedral once again.

It wasn't exactly out of place anymore at this point, that was where he normally would be from morning to the evening.

Even though it was Saint Seiros Day, he still didn't care. He never left. Only times he would is when he feels irritated, to go out for missions, to train himself, when he was hungry or if he goes to sleep. Majority of those times are surprisingly rare.

Byleth, Catherine, Flayn and a few others entered the Cathedral and wanted to do the Hymn Recital in the Cathedral to celebrate it.

But then... they finally realised Dimitri was there when they arrived despite it being this early in the morning.

After them all staring at Dimitri from near the entrance, Byleth finally broke the silence. "I'll go ask Dimitri if he wants to join us for the recital."

Catherine frowned. "Yeah.. Good luck with that Professor."

Byleth sighed. "Catherine..."

"Ok ok.. Listen just try not to get your hopes up, you know more than all of us that his chances of saying yes are pretty low."

Flayn seemed concerned. "I'm sure she knows that Catherine but it doesn't hurt to try, right? Anyways Professor, Catherine and I will set everything up while you try to talk to him."

Byleth nodded and she started to walk towards Dimitri while Catherine and Flayn set up everything.

Dimitri was staring at the ground again and looked like he was dead. He was whispering to himself about something but Byleth couldn't hear what it was about.

She finally stopped behind him and softly spoke to him. "Hello Dimitri..."

He didn't hear her properly. It was like he was hearing something else entirely.

"..W..l....d...s...r..o....y.....E...l..g......d....."

Dimitri was mumbling to himself as if he was speaking about someone. Byleth couldn't really hear him because he sounded really quiet.

She then faced him from the right and could only slightly hear him a bit better.

"....G.....l.....n...I....w....i...l...l......a.....e....n....g...e....y.....o......u"

"Dimitri are you ok?" She said a bit louder than last time.

Something about her voice seemed different to him compared to other voices...

As if, it was more loud than anyone else despite the fact that lots of people have spoken louder but he could hear them much less.

Dimitri finally snapped back into reality. He looked angry.

"What?"

Dimitri could still hear the voices in his head but could still slightly hear Byleth.

She was frustrated with his attitude but she couldn't be bothered to argue with him right now so she asked calmly. "Dimitri, would you like to-"

" T A K E E D E L G A R D ' S H E A D "

Two voices were talking at the same time for him.