Heartwarming Smile

-----

Pre timeskip, takes place sometime between chapter 7 and chapter 8. Taking place on the twelfth of the Red Wolf Moon. References Sylvain and Dimitri's C Support.

-----

Byleth was never one to show emotions that much.

This was always unknown to everyone why she never showed emotions. Not even her own father knew why.

However she's noticed that she's shown her emotions more ever since she came to the monastery. This was witnessed by many people around her. Whenever she showed happy expressions around everyone, they seem to love it.

Dimitri was no exception to loving her smiles. When he first saw her smile, he was stunned and even teased her about it. He found her smile... unforgettable to say the least.

So he decided to invite her to lunch with him on the same table in the dining hall one day and gets their favourite food. Sylvain also decided to join with them. Dimitri wasn't too fond of that idea but Sylvain promised he'd behave which gave the gullible house leader no choice but to let him eat lunch with them.

Byleth thanked the two of them for accompanying her and the three started eating their food.

Sylvain noticed that Dimitri kept glancing at Byleth, checking to see if she would change her expressions. Sylvain realised what Dimitri was trying to see and decided to tease.

"You know Professor, It's not everyday Dimitri is fascinated in seeing someone's smile so I gotta say you must have made some type of impact" Sylvain teased smugly.

Dimitri glared at him while Sylvain just smirks back at him. Byleth looks all confused. 

"What do you mean by that Sylvain?" Byleth asks in confusion

Dimitri blurts out "S-Sylvain is just being silly, it's probably his way of... uh... starting up a conversation" and shoots another glare at his smug friend.

Sylvain doesn't listen to Dimitri's glares and starts to tease them both more. "So... you don't like seeing the professor smiling then?" which irritates Dimitri more. However it surprisingly made the professor look all curious.

"I- Sylvain I never said that I didn't like seeing her smile! Why on earth are you asking such ridiculous questions?!" Dimitri said back.

"Well your highness, do you like seeing the professor smile? Do you find her smile heart warming?" He said teasingly and with massive smirk on his face which both humiliates and annoys Dimitri.

Dimitri replies with "Why on earth are you asking such ridiculous questions? Besides I highly doubt the professor would be interested in know how I think of her smile?"

Byleth surprisingly requested "Actually, I'm kind of curious myself Dimitri to know if you think my smile is heart warming or not." 

Sylvain looks as if he is trying his hardest not to burst out laughing especially with an embarrassed Dimitri sitting next to him. "Even the professor wants to know how you feel about her smile... Come on your highness, tell her."

Dimitri was extremely embarrassed but it seems like there was no way out of this situation. "Her smile is... heart warming alright? I... I like her smile"

Byleth smiled at the praise but did slightly stutter "T-thank you for the compliment" 

It surprised both of them at the end but it made Dimitri happy to see her happy in the end. They all continued with their meal.

During their meal though, Sylvain teasingly whispered to Dimitri "Your Highness I have a tiny little suggestion.. How about you give her a dagger? I'm sure she will smile just like the girl you gave a dagger to many years ago did!"

Sylvain snickered which had Dimitri kick Sylvain's leg under the table

-----

A/N:

Alrighty! This was fun to write (though let me know If I made them out of character, If so, I apologise for that and I'll try to avoid that in the future) 

Sylvain is hilarious and about the dagger... Yeah you have to at least watch his C support with Dimitri (or go to the ball day in Dimitri's route and he'll mention it)

Anyways please let me know if you liked it and want more, I'll try my best to do the next page at some point. My birthday is tomorrow so It's nice to publish this fanfic the day before my birthday :) (Also just so you know, the first three pages are being published on the same day because I wanted to first publish this story on an type of impression)

And just in case your from the future... If so hi! but well if you wanted to know the date as I published these parts, it was September 11th and my birthday is well... September 12th lol. It's a nice thing to publish this the day before your birthday. Speaking of birthdays however... Expecting a short story about a few characters' birthdays! :D

Please give me some feedback and once again, If you have criticism please let me know but please be nice (I mean in the way you say it I guess). If you want more Sylvain let me know, this was fun to write so I'll definitely add in more teasing (If you don't then let me know too I guess, I'll get rid of some then lol) 

Requests are still open :) Thank you all for reading this and please once again comment what you thought <3