CHAPTER 22

Back at the Capital, at the Emperor's study room. Five men were seated having a cup of tea. Qian Li Jun looked at the Emperor and said "Imperial Father, you don't have to worry about this, Brother Zhang Wei already have his men look for the girl" Emperor Qian Fu Gang nodded his head.

Their peaceful conversation was soon disturbed and a eunuch announced the arrival of Crown Prince Qian Yi Zian. The Crown Prince bowed and a servant served him tea. "Let's hope that the child is safe and unharmed, or else heaven forgive me for what I'm about to do" a man named Qin Jinhai said.

A bond of brotherhood was formed, when a young General Qin Yingjie and the young Emperor Qian Li Zhixin along with Feng Bo Chao, an influential scholar, swore to become brothers in front of their families and heaven as their witness. Their brotherhood strengthened when their children became close and swore to become brothers. Qin Jinhai just retired from his position as the Supreme General. The current Emperor Qian Fu Gang gave it to his son, Qin Zhang Wei. The Qin Family held the Supreme General position for years and have been loyal to the kingdom of Qin since then.

The Emperor hummed in agreement and looked at the young General. "Feng Dong Tao may be the son of the esteemed scholar, but his greed blinded him of his path. Feng Bo Chao didn't comment that we were close with his son - in - law instead of his blood son. The audacity of Feng Dong Tao to send a letter here at the palace informing what happened to his daughter. He stamped the letter of his supposed to be token as the head of the household. My suspicion was confirmed when the token resembles the late Feng Bo Chao's own token."

Qin Zhang Wei took a sip of his tea and looked at the Emperor "Grandfather and the late emperor destroyed that token when he died." The Crown Prince who was listening voiced out everyone's thoughts "which means Feng Bo Tao is not the head of the Feng household" Everyone nodded their heads.

Qin Jinhai looked at his son, Qin Zhang Wei "which means the first born daughter holds the new position. We need to find her as soon as possible." The Princes looked questioningly at Qin Jinhai "What about his second son?

Qin Jinhai sighed "Feng Bo Chao's second son, Feng Huang Ji doesn't want the position as the head of the household. He only wants to live a quiet life with his wife and two childrens. He knew that his older brother has his eye for power and greatness. While the first-born son of Feng Dong Tao, Feng Shun Hua followed brother Guang He to practice medicine. It's been almost 10 years since we saw him. Brother Guang He insisted that they can only practice medicine away from the Capital. After burying his sister, they both left for Wei Mountain. After all, only a few people can handle his temper"

The crown prince nodded his head, and the third prince Qian Li Jun asked "Guang He? You mean the famous heavenly doctor Lu Guang He?" the Emperor hums in agreement. Just like their fathers, the retired General Qin Jinhai and the Emperor Qian Fu Gang and the physician Lu Guang He became sworn brothers during their youth days.

With a cold expression Qin Zhang Wei said "Soon, we'll have our answer. I'm looking forward to what she plans in the future" everyone nodded in agreement.

After a while of silence the Emperor smirks "I wonder how the snakes will make their move." The princes smirked and the young General drank his tea.