CHAPTER 7

Lu Ying Yue and Lu Hu An looked at each other "We are all staying in the same village, and I do not want this issue to become bigger. The thief should confess now, and I'll just ask the village chief to write this off into a written agreement instead of bringing this to the country officials"

The crowd discussed Lu Ying Yue's proposition. "The culprit better confess, while were still nice" Lu Hu An said. When everyone heard him, they felt a cold chill run down their spine. The village chief looked at Lu Hu An "Hu An, do you know the culprit?"

"Yes, when sister Ying Yue went to your house earlier, she asked me stay outside and look after Xiao Yan, I saw a handkerchief at our kitchen floor that doesn't belong to any of my sisters, which means it only belongs to the culprit

Bai Bojing nodded and looked at the villagers "the culprit should confess while the Lu siblings is still giving you face and being kind to you"

The villagers looked around and when no one wanted to confess They all looked at the Lu siblings who stood beside the chief. Lu Ying Yue frowned and with a cold expression, she looked at that person 

"Mrs. Xiu, it seems like at your old age, you could still kick down a wooden gate"

"It seems like the foods in our house are delicious, how's our vegetables? I hope you didn't kill the rabbits, after all I don't want to see Xiao Yan cry" Lu Hu An said while staring directly at her.

Mrs. Xiu glared at the Lu siblings "Where's your proof that I'm the thief"

Lu Ying Yue laughed as she stared at Mrs. Xiu "I believe you are the only one named, Xiu Cuifen in this village?" Mrs. Xiu widened her eyes, but still kept her mouth shut.

Lu Ying Yue approached Lu Hu An and pulled him back behind her, she pulled out something from her pocket and showed a handkerchief. Mrs. Xiu scoff "why are you showing me this?

Lu Ying Yue pursed her mouth and said "This type of handkerchief can be bought all over the town, and all handkerchiefs that I own have its own unique design that only I can make"

Mrs. Xiu stared at Lu Ying Yue "Are you saying that I own that handkerchief? If I own that handkerchief my name Xiu Cuifeng, should be embroidered their just like this one" Mrs. Xiu showed a different handkerchief.

Lu Ying Yue and Lu Hu An smirk and turned the handkerchief, showing the embroidered name Xiu Cuifeng. When Mrs. Xiu saw her name, her knees trembled.

Lu Ying Yue gave the handkerchief to the village chief. "Go to the Xiu household" Bia Bojing ordered

The villagers and the elders proceeded to Mrs. Xiu's house and saw 3 rabbits in the wooden box. Lu Zhi Yan saw the rabbits; she approached them and caressed their heads.

"Another proof that you are the culprit, Xiao Yan tied a gray ribbon on the rabbits." Lu Hu An said while holding the bigger rabbit and showed the ribbon. 

The village chief and some of the men went inside the kitchen, they looked around and found the Missing rice, noodles, and fruits inside the wooden covered box in the corner of their kitchen. Above the wooden box, pork meat was hung. Bai Bojing asked the men to bring the wooden box outside. The villagers went silent when they saw the contents of the wooden box.