CHAPTER 3

When the two sisters were busy tending to their garden, a voice called out "Lu Ying Yue!". Hearing this voice, Lu Ying Yue frowned and turned her head to look at Lu Zhi Yan who looked scared. She then fixes her things before standing up and walk to their wooden gate.

Two women stood on their gate, carrying a basin, "Ying Yue, why don't you go with me and Fang'er to the river to wash clothes' '. Lu Ying Yue pursed her lips and said "Mrs. Xiu, I already washed our clothes yesterday, Hu An and Xiao Yan helped me".

When Mrs. Xiu heard this, she frowned and said "Is that so, why don't you accampany with me to the river to wash our clothes". Lu Zhi Yan tightened her grip on her sister's dress "I'm sorry Mrs. Xiu but I have a lot of things to do today. Besides, you brought Xiu Fenfang with you" Lu Ying Yue replied coldly.

"Why should I ask Fang'er to wash our clothes when I can ask you to do that" Mrs. Xiu insisted and continued to bother Lu Ying Yue. From afar a group of males is approaching, Lu Hu An who saw Mrs. Xiu frowns and walks faster.

"Sister Ying, what's going on?" Lu Hu An asked while approaching his sister. "Mrs. Xiu kept on insisting that I should wash their clothes" Lu Ying Yue replied. The men surrounding them look bewildered when they heard Lu Ying Yue

"Mrs. Xiu why would Ying'er do that, when you have Fang'er to wash your clothes ?" Old Man Wu voiced out. "Ying Yue should be the one to help me since we will be a family soon" the others look shock and look between the two families. "Fang'er will soon marry Hu An, and if they wants us to accept the marriage proposal, she should serve us" Mrs. Xiu continued.

The Lu siblings darkened their expression, Lu Hu An stared at Xiu Fenfang who avoided his look. "Really? I wonder how did that happen. Hu An never told me about this and he never kept a secret from me" Lu Ying Yue replied.

Lu Hu An approached Xiu Fenfang and said "Xiu Fenfang, have you forgotten, what I told you? Didn't I warned you to stay away from me? Having a relationship with you would be a nightmare. Marrying a woman like you, would be an insult to our family. I do not want to see you or your mother bothering my sister and spreading out rumors about our so-called marriage. If I find out that both of you is still bothering my family, you better start saying your prayers. I will end you."

The men who are around smirk and shake their head, Liang Kun Lan stood beside Lu Hu An and smirk "Mrs. Xiu, you shouldn't bother Sister Ying and Hu An. What if the others heard about this, who do you think will accept Fang'er into their family"

Mrs. Xiu frowned and said "What! of course the Lu Family should-- "

"Don't bother the Lu siblings Mrs. Xiu or else I'll report this to the Village Chief and the Elders" Old Man Wu threatened Mrs. Xiu.

Mrs. Xiu left immediately while muttering some incoherent words towards the siblings, Xiu Fenfang immediately followed after her.

"Old Man Wu, Kun Lan and everyone else thank you for your help" Lu Ying Yue smiled and bowed. Soon they all bid farewell and left. A sigh was soon heard, "It seems like you'll be the first one to get married among us" Lu Ying Yue teased her brother.

Lu Hu An stiffened and frowned and said "Sister Ying, I'm still young, and I'm not in a hurry. Besides I don't want to tie us down with a family like them" Lu Ying Yue smiled and understood what he meant.