CHAPTER 21

The village chief shook his head in disagreement and the elders scoff "You think they beat them just like that? Your father already confessed, they plan to harass Lu Ying Yue and destroy her innocence. Do you still think that I would believe you"

Xiu Fenfang let go of Bai Bojing's leg and with a defeated expression she cried. She stood up, looked at her father and shook her head "I had enough of this" she left the crowd and run away.

The village chief stared at the Lu Ying Yue and sigh "Ying Yue did someone got hurt?" Lu Ying Yue shook her head "Aside from them, none. Uncle Ling and Brother Zihao dealt with them". Bai Bojing and the elders nodded their head.

Bai Bojing called for a horse cart to bring them at the country officials to be punished. The villagers that surround the Lu household slowly dispersed. Lu Ying Yue looked at the couple and smiled "Thank you once again brother Zihao and Sister Huain" they nodded. "We're glad to help" the couple bid their farewell and left.

Lu Zhi Yan and Jiao Jing went out of their room, Lu Zhi Yan who saw her older sister approach her and cried. Lu Hu An stood beside Lu Ying Yue and carried his younger sister in his arms "Uncle Ling thank you". Ling Cheung smiled and nodded "No need to thank me, Master Hu An. It is my duty to make sure that you are all protected and safe from harm"

What the Xiu brothers did, soon spread all over the town and into the neighboring village. Lu Ying Yue sighed "I hope that would be the last trouble we will encounter" everyone nodded their heads. "Hu An, why are you still here? Shouldn't you, Yuan and Kun Lan be at the river?"

Lu Hu An slowly nodded his head "Go back to the river now, you even left your things there. Everything's fine now" Lu Hu An sighed and slowly stood up, he approach his siter and hugged her. Lu Hu An nod his head towards Qiu Weiyuan and they both left.

Xiang Zihao and Li Huian soon reach the town and went to the tea house. "It seems like Uncle Ling is not just a simple servant" Li Huian whispered to her husband, upon hearing the gossip that surrounded the tea house. Xiang Zihao hum in agreement "It seems like the Lu siblings belongs to a powerful household."

With a wide eyes Li Huian stared at her husband "wha—" Xiang Zihao nodded his head "I found something from the village chief and the elders. Two months after they arrived at the An village. The village chief received an anonymous letter stating that they must be protected and safe from harm or else the whole village will suffer"

"Then have you informed the General about this?" Li Huian asked her husband worriedly. "No, I'll send a letter to him soon. Don't worry I think that they are not here to harm anyone from the royal family or the kingdom" Li Huian nodded and sipped her tea.