CHAPTER 6

When they arrived home, they paid the driver six copper coins. Lu Ying Yue's expression turned dark when she saw their gate was hanging off the fence. Lu Hu An put down the basket he was carrying and looked Lu Zhi Yan "Xiao Yan stay here outside"

Lu Ying Yue and Lu Hu An walked inside their home and looked around. They notice that the neat room before is now a mess. Their rooms were turned upside down, their clothes were scattered across the floor. Their kitchen was ransacked, and their vegetable fields were destroyed.

Lu Ying Yue's expression darken, and with a dry laugh she walked out of their home "Hu An stay outside with Xiao Yan and don't move anything inside the house"

Lu Ying Yue turned around and walked towards the Village Chief's house. When she arrived, she saw that the elders were also present having tea with the village chief. Lu Ying Yue bowed "Village Chief, Elders forgive me for intruding on your conversation" Bai Bojing and the elders looked at her and smiled "It's fine, what do you need Ying Yue?" Bai Bojing asked

"Someone broke into our home, took our food in the kitchen, they also took the rabbits we bought, and they also destroyed our vegetable field" When Bai Bojing heard that someone broke into Lu Ying Yue's house, he scowled and stood up. The elders also stood up and went to the house where they saw Lu Hu An and Lu Zhi Yan waiting outside.

Lu Ying Yue took them to the vegetable field in the corner and inside their wrecked kitchen. Their faces turned ugly, became dark and their breathings became heavy.

"Uncle, we will leave this matter to you, I hope that the culprit will be punished severely" Lu Ying Yue said. How could he allow this to happen, especially to these siblings. "If that person found out what happened then surely the whole village will suffer" Bai Bonjing's face darkened while thinking these.

"Gather all villagers, we will question everyone, we will leave no stone unturned" Bai Bojing ordered his son beside him. Lu Ying Yue held Lu Zhi Yan and Lu Hu An carried the baskets, while following the elders to the village.

When all villagers are now gathered, Bai Bojing clenches his fist and says "I know that there are a lot of misunderstandings among neighbors but theft is not among them. Thievery has never occurred in this village." When the villagers heard this, they spoke among themselves causing an uproar

"Everyone quiet down. Earlier, Ying Yue and her siblings came back from town to find out that their gate was knocked down. Their room was a mess, their kitchen was ransacked, their vegetable field was destroyed. Not only that they also took the rabbits that they bought, their rice, noodle, pork meat, and fruits are Missing"

The elders shared their thoughts to the villagers. They knew that the Lu Siblings came to their village a year ago and bought land. They never cause trouble and always kept to themselves.

The Village chief also informed them that an influential person sent a message two months after the siblings came to the village. It was stated that no harm shall come to the Lu siblings or else everyone in the village will be held responsible and will be beaten to death.