Chapter 34

Hi! It took a long time and I was really overwhelmed by the increase in views and votes... Thank you thank you guys so much... I hope you continue to support my novel. Like comment and follow. Lovelots!

*********************"""""***************

Alice regretted telling Artnis to go faster. Aside from her facial muscles felt like being distorted painfully by the force of the wind almost like stretching it to the fullest and her hair is being pulled out of her scalp, her internal organs froze and quivering inside her. She felt like vomiting and swallowing her guts at the same time.

The 5 riders at the other dragon are rather having the time of their live screaming happily like in an amusement park attraction. She don't know about Diane though. She's silent.

The harpies are amazing. They were able to keep up with dragons. They seem a bit tired though.

She tried hard to take a peak downwards. The war is evident everywhere past the Artesia border. Though it have been days since the Artesians dominated these areas, the ruined establishments, homes, greeneries and everything else is ruined.

For the next 30 more minutes of their travel, the scenery became more grotesque. The are smoke form burned woods, houses and establishments. The Artesian soldiers looked up from what they are doing to look at the passing dragons in both fear and awe.

Alice saw them piling up and gathering dead corpses. Even in her life before, she could never get use to this sight. It always feel nauseatic and sad.

More minutes have past, the dragons could hear the fighting miles away.

The dragons made grumbling and low roaring sounds as if conversing. Artnis nodded at them.

"I'll go on ahead. Riedo and Reina will land you where the king is." She then stood at her dragon's back and squatted riding the magnificent creature like a pro. The dragon let out a loud roar and in just a moment, it was almost out of sight. It is very fast!

The two dragons on the other hand slowed down their flight allowing the harpies to relax a bit. Alice can also see the surroundings more.

Minutes later, a loud shreik echoed all around and dark clouds gathered above where the dragon and Artnis went. And then the ground shook from the loud sound of thunder and a sudden series of lighting struck to where they went.

"Holy fucking hell... " She heard Diane whispered her comment breathlessly. "Please tell me it was not that Artnis' fault."

"You tell me. That is freaking insane!" Alice exclaimed as they watch the dark clouds disperse.
"The dragon destroyed the great Marceedian barrier!" A rider from the other dragon exclaimed in awe. She remember that this girl have a very very good eyesite.

The other riders exchanged their life changing event to each other. Alice and Diane and stayed silent not wanting to bother thinking anymore.

They continue to fly towards the warzone. It didn't take long after that they could hear the war cries and fighting below them.

"The king is fighting in the frontlines!" Exclaims the girl with good eyesight. The riders with her lean forward trying to take a look as well.

The king is quite visible for Alice too. His red cape is floating at the front together beside his also caped bodyguards then the allied army. They are pushing forward drastically fast and she could hear the screams of the enemies. Or was it just her imagination?

The dragons landed on a wide open feild outside the woods. The strong wind made by their wings knocked back the shouting soldiers and almost uprooted the trees. The ground even shook a little when the dragons touched the ground.