Chapter 18

While waiting for the vampire king in his glamorous study, Ylsen held Alice on his lap holding her near while she is playing with his fingers. The gesture and zero distance are the only things to make his wolf settle down even though Alice promised to not do stupid things again. Her words not Ylsen's.

Felix is facing the wide window grumbling about why he didn't bring his wife and how he is nauseous about the couples showing public display of flirtation. Zen is just beside him laughing at his childish problems in life.

All in all, the room is filled with testosterone. All 30+ males except Alice and the gorgeous fairy looking lady by the door. She looked so beautiful, even luminous, with blonde long curls, body to die for, clear silky skin, and those blue gem eyes but Alexa is actually the king's only aide, secretary and bodyguard. No one in the room dared to get into her badside. Ylsen witnessed her folding a full grown werelion like origami just because he is cocky enough to frivolously showed his abs to her like it is the most amazing thing in the planet. It is a traumatic sight. It didn't add that she did it with ease, not even taking off her smile that seemed permanent in her beautiful face. She is half elf half dwarf with elf being the dominant gene which is rare, Ylsen is convinced that she is half demon in any sense of the word. It's not like he is the only one who have the same opinion.

Ylsen felt Alice squeeze his pinky hard. Oops! He might've stared at Alexa for too long. He chuckled and kissed his wife's hair and burry his face in it making the single men, and Felix, groaned in hate for him. They are just jealous.

Speaking of jealousy, Alice had always been jealous of Alexa. She said she is so beautiful and charming and perfect Ylsen might decide to leave her and go with Alexa. That is the most terrifying thing that ever crossed his mind. THAT will NEVER HAPPEN. That is suicide. He know he is being rude but really?

"Are you all here now?!"

The double doors slammed open and King Wayne's voice boomed in the whole room making his sensitive ears ache. Alice might've noticed it so her hands moved to cover his ears. Sweet.

This man don't know the word modesty. He even wore his long cape that moved fluidly behind him the way he liked. His boots heavily thuds on the carpeted floor. His chest held high and visible because his black long sleeves is unbuttoned. His unruly blonde curls are carrying his newly made crown because he lost his crown again. He strides over to his throne like seat and sat like a king that he is.

Behind him are his bodyguards. All beautiful females that can crack bones with one hand. Not one you mess around with. They are all part of King Wayne's line. They are different creatures he successfully turned to vampires which is very rare. It made them his children.

"All is present already because you. came. late. again." Ylsen shivers while listening to Alexa. Her smiley face is really eerie for him. And again, he is not the only one to think so.

The king cleared his throat and crossed his legs to look cool. "Is that so? Then let's get to work then."

"What's the agenda for today your highness?" One of the old high ranking official asked.

"Umm. Right. The agenda." Wayne signalled Alexa something and Alexa dimmed the light and opened a hologram in front of them. It was video of different races gathered at Artesia's borders and gates.

"This have been making my brain bleed since last night. Just when I finished making some intruders OF MY TERRITORY vomit what I wanted, I got this report from the borders. OF MY KINGDOM."

Ylsen stared intently at the footages. The people in the room are discussing what to do about something and he remained deaf and just watched the hologram.