Chapter 12

Minutes later, Alice decided to forgive Felix for today. His nuisance joke turned to be the answers to her questions. Their questions are just like basic job interview. But when you look at Ylsen, he is like a rookie applicant that was rejected many times before that he lost all the confidence that he will answer the questions as the jury approves. It is more hilarious when the kids try hard to act like strict multi millionaire bosses.

He gulped not so subtly. "Okay. What's the question again?"

"Don't make me repeat teachah! Is hard to talk!" Gylsen pouted. Ylsen doesn't seem to know what to say at first.

"Uh. Yeah. My name. Yes. Uh. I'm Ylsen Gordon Yvanov." It is decided now that Gordon is a generic name.

"How ol awe you!?" Mason tried hard to finish his sentence fully that you can see his smugness after he did it.

"I'm 28." Hmm. Just a few years older.

"Family?" Gylsen obviously have a whole sentence for that but since it might be long or hard, he made a short cut.

"No! 'Where do you live?' first then 'How big is your family?' Giisen!" Star corrected her brother. As if it would make any difference.

"Kids. I can just answer both at the same time. Where do I live? I used to live in Brave village in Tearmoon. Then I moved here because my friend asked me to became a substitute teacher since I seem to have affinity with kids. And I think I am staying." He took Alice's hand and kissed her knuckles that made her smile in happiness.

"And how big is my family? Aside from you guys and some friends that I considered family, I have none. I'm a big orphan." He tried to joke but there is contradictory sadness and happiness in his voice and eyes. Alice can feel it.

"I'm sowwy." They both looked at the kid that is now about to cry.

"What's wrong champ?" Ylsen caressed Gylsen's hair. Gylsen captured it and hold it still on his head.

"You became sad." Oh man. This boy sure is sensitive.

Ylsen chuckled and pulled him into a hug that the kid happily obliged. Gylsen went to the water with Ylsen as they hug.

"It's fine bud. I have you and every one now right. You all are more than enough for me." They hugged tighter.

But Star wanted to ruin a moment sometimes. "Giisen come back hewe! Not done yet, remember?"

They chuckled and let the boy go back to his position. His back to his old bubbly self.

"Wok." They all understand that Mason means WORK.

"Uh. I'm a substitute teacher. And I'm also a businessman."

"What business? Monkey business?" Star played with her tone like she is mocking him. But Alice bet that the girl don't actually understand the true meaning of it.
"It is actually. It is a monkey business." Alice's eyes widened at him and he just laughed.

The kids' eyes widened too but because of different reasons from hers.

"You haf monkeys, teachah?!" Gylsen didn't hide his excitement.

"Yes. I do. And tigers, lions, different birds, tall animals, fat animals, ferocious animals and many more. I have a zoo. Actually not just one. I also happen to own amusement parks and ocean aquariums. I like hearing kids laughing so I built them when I was 20 so if ever I find my mate, our kids will have a lot of places to play." He kissed her knuckles. She is very touched. He prepared for her. Prepared for their future offsprings. This guy is so sweet even though he is wearing badboy clothes and riding badass motorcycle when she first met him. And that is just last week. And he is filthy rich. That's the conclusion.