Chapter 20

The couples casually walked towards the woods. The knights in the camp bowed at them to acknowledge their presence.

As they enter the woods, Ylsen can feel Alice being restless. He tightened his grip on their intertwined hands and she looked up at him and smiled. He kissed her as an answer.

He used his enhanced sense of smell to locate their kids' whereabouts. Also, his wolf, Caden, seem to be looking for something else and he is not dumb to not know what his animal subconscious is looking for. It is his mate. Most probably. Caden wanted to sprint off and dash to the other wolf but he is afraid to offend their human mate. He is being caring and impatient at the same time.

And Ylsen is thankful that his wolf is not the impulsive reckless type.

"I'm confused." Ylsen looked unquestioningly at Alice. He slowed down their pace to listen to her.

"What makes you confused love?"

She shrugged but obviously her mind is on over thinking mode again.

"I don't know. There's a lot of things in my mind right now."

"You just stated the obvious?" He grinned when she jokingly hit his abs and chuckled. Well that's better.

"Jerk. I'm just thinking. This may be my wolf. And I am not sure if I wanted her in my body. I mean. My previous wolf is a psycho ex god's wife that did so much havoc then and now. I lived years without one and I coped up just fine. I don't want to selfishly drag her in my fight. And I selfishly don't want anyone to share my body and consciousness. But... I don't know I'm so overthinking." She sighed and rubbed her face with her palm.

He stop walking and held her waist to pull her closer and looked closely at her. She snaked her arms to his nape and looked back straight to his eyes. Letting him read what she is thinking through her eyes.

He caressed her face and pulled her nape to kiss her forehead and hugged her close to him. "If your asking my opinion, I think you have to meet your wolf first. You can decide after that. But you know, you can be mean sometimes."

She pinched his nipples and he jumped away chuckling . They continued to follow the kids' scent and it led them to the small water fall inside the woods.

They first saw the twins. They are having fun playing with slightly grown wolf cubs. They might've sensed their parents and turned their heads to the at the same time.

The couples smiled at the beeming kids. He noticed the wolves became wary but eyed at the curiously.

"Momma! Dada!" The twins rushed to them and gave them both hard squeeze.

Ylsen patted their heads. Alice leaned to match their height. "Are you both having fun?" They both nodded animatedly at her question.

Honestly, these past years, Ylsen has been worried about the twins. Because of the difference of interest, they grew apart. Almost like separate worlds. Thankfully, they have Aqui, the little piece of neutral ground connecting them. But now that he is watching them talking animatedly to Alice, that didn't know who to listen to, he can see the twins he saw back at day care, best friends with each other.

For some reason, he looked at a certain way, on top of the small falls. Then he realized his wolf wanted to look that way. To see his other mate. Or more like his mate's supposed to be wolf.

Her back is facing us but both Ylsen and Caden think that she is the most divine wolf he had ever laid their eyes to. The light peeking through the trees is reflecting her snow white fluffy fur making her look more surreal.