Chapter 15

Alice stalked them from above. The enemy didn't bother looking up because what they thought their only targets are the wolves that hid in the forest grounds.

She can say that this people are dangerous and highly trained and payed sky high. One can notice it in their built and how they handle their guns steadily while searching the field.

She used to encounter this kind of battles before. She just wish she still have it in her. She pray the Moon Goddess for her successful hunt.

She slowly searched for something underneath the bag so the metals won't make a sound and give away her location. Her sweat is trickling down her face and wanted to scream yes when she found what she wanted.

With the perfect timing, she waited until they moved closer to each other and no one looking at her direction. She she popped out two teargas pin and and throw it to them. Shouting came after and before they can even run away from the gas, she used the big net gun she just got from deep inside the bag. She caught three that unfortunately stayed where the white gas is heavily fuming.

They started shooting all over the place without knowing where their target is. Their guns will also alert anyone nearby. And that is bad. Wolves and Aqui is in the forest somewhere and can be hit by stray bullet and her opponents will have back up sooner or later. P

"Stupid stupid move Alice! Argh!" Alice started to shoot them one by one. One headshot after another. "It's not like I'm less merciful when I was a commander. I love torture interrogations back then." She told herself to make her less guilty taking their lives.

Shooting down several of them made her ego boost. She is too focused shooting down what is in front of her to notice another group of enemies found her not so far behind and tried to shoot her.

Lucky for her, they missed. She slid down the and tried to conceal her presence by hiding between roots and tall grass. She hiss at her scratches and wounds from when she slid from the tree plus the various bushes isn't friendly as well. It stings like hell.

Another lucky for her. The poachers she is fighting are just humans. Not a wolf or a vampire that have supernatural senses and regenerating abilities. At least she is not that much of the underdog. But it does not mean it will be easy.

They tried hard to follow her movements but she is stealthy. Plus she knew the forest, she became invincible while she kill them one by one. The enemies kept growing in numbers though. Making Alice ran out of bullets and energy. If they kept coming to her like this, she wonder how many more is there. She is sure that most of this poachers are fighting outside where Ylsen is.

"Who fucking sents an army this many to hunt those wolves?" She is pissed and mumbling to her self as she crack the big guy's head with as small ax she found laying on the floor. This thugs got good stuff. Unfortunately for them, Alice is using those to kill them. She is not keeping it though. So she decided to throw it to the nearest person's skull and grabbed another big boy's gun to shower bullets to the ones nearby. She made sure not one bullet go stray thinking it might hit her daughter.

She don't know how much time have passed. She is exhausted, dirty, sweaty and thirsty. The make up totally made a mess all over her face. Her dress is filled with blood, both hers and the poachers she killed. Her throat is dry from panting and her vision is getting blurry. The only thing that is keping her going is knowing her daughter is inside this forest.

Being a human is taking its toll on her body. She know it will be hard fighting in her human self unlike when she have Aya or Irridessa. She can take long fights and more damages because she have stamina and regeneration but now she don't. It's not like it used to be. It is making her feel hopeless.

She thought about the Moon Goddess and her offer to give her her real wolf she should have. And she refused so many times because she is too scared she would due in the process. She never trusted herself to overcome that pain with her human body. And here she is now regretting that firm decision of hers.

If she have a wolf, this would've been nothing to her. She could've taken them down easily. She could've found her daughter already and tuck her safe in her arms. She wouldn't have been this close to her death. But because of her stubbornness, she couldn't do anything but wait for her death now.

She closed her eyes because that seems to be the only thing she could do now. She can't move anymore of her limbs. She is poisoned by a deadly modified teargas, making her body paralysed as the poison clog all her airways making it hard to breathe.

She tried to open her eyes but the sweat got in making it sting so she closed it again. Her tears formed and flowed down her eyes. Not because of the hurt she felt from the sweat but from the emotions she feel. She heard crunches and heavy foot thumping close to her. She accepted her fate.

All she can do now is to say words of goodbye in her mind. For the people that she love.

She heard metal clattering as they aimed their guns at her. She heard one of the men speak in one of Tearmoon's tribal dialect saying "Die bitch!"

She fled that kingdom a long time ago. Who would've thought she will be killed by a person from that kingdom? She just laughed at her fate. What a funny coincidence.

The person that talked maybe got angry at her laugh and raised his gun ready to pull the trigger. Alice waited for the pain but instead, she heard a 'whoosh!' Sound and a gagging sound. The men in front her seemed to got alerted and shoot the direction the sound came from.

She understands what they are saying in Tearmoon dialect, saying that 'Kill them you idiots!', 'Die!' And the leader shouting orders and strings of curses. Bullets also answered the poachers' firing and she could feel the ground thud when a dead body falls down.

She pushed her body to lay on the forest floor between big roots to lessen the probability that she can get hit from the cross fire.

She pushed her body to breathe and stay alive even when it is hurting. At least she found a ray of hope that someone is fighting this thugs and could rescue her. All she needs to do now is to stay alive and barely awake.

Something trickled to her face as she lay on the forest floor she worked hard to lift her arms and reach her forehead where the liquid landed. It felt slimy. She don't want to imagine what it was so she willed herself to open her eyes and looked at it.

Transparent but slimy. At least it's not blood or bird poop. She looked pass her hands where she is examining to substance, she squinted her eyes to focus on something the is hidden on the thick branches and leaves.

Her eyes widened when she recognized it. It is her daughter's head peeking past the branches and leaves to look at her. She is crying silently. And drooling. Alice looked back at her hand for a brief second and back to her daughter. Seems it is her saliva.

Alice wanted to ask how she got up there. Then she saw the big furry white animal behind Aqui. A big white wolf holding Aqui still so she don't fall. Now how did that thing got up there?

Aqui is holding out her tiny hand to Alice as if they could reach the distance. Alice is crying hard too. It is getting more and more harder to breathe and her eyes are forcing themselves close. She don't think she could make it. At least she know her daughter is safe and someone or something is keeping the little girl safe. She mouthed "I love you' at her baby and looked pass to say 'Thank you' to the familiar wolf.

Her mind shut down and everything else became black. She stopped breathing.

*****************************************
Short update for now. Prevention is better than cure. I don't want to have migraine again so I'll stop for now. This might be a lame chapter so I apologize if you don't like it and thank you if you did. Love lots.