Chapter 36

Iridessa gained enough dark energy to transform her body back to her past self. Her body shape stayed alluring and her skin is fair and flawless if not for damages that the Goddess of Plaque have made.

She wore a veil over her torn mouth showing her blinded blue fire like eyes that instills chills over the one that gazes on it. Her being reborn again and again for millenniums, her eyesight had came back but not its proud onyx color.

She wore a backless white dress wanting to stain it all with red later on. Her scarred back is showing the place where her glorious wings used to be.

She is at the Moon Goddess's temple far from the palace. The ancient structure is as high as 80 feet above ground and 50 feet underground as the burial ground of the kingdoms most recognized ancient heroes.

Its like a two storey ziggurat with a  high ceiling dome at the top that can open up when rituals take place in the ancient times. The dome itself is have 500 meter in diameter so it's pretty wide. Perfect for the summoning a devil while sullying the place meant to praise the Goddess that she hated the most.

She finished her incantations and looking at the dark smoke and the constant menacing glow from the wide summoning seal she made it is successful. She just needed to wait until tonight, a dark starless moonless night for the devil she called to rise from the depths of hell. Just a couple of elf and dwarf sacrifice later will do.

A loud bang echoed inside the dome followed by clacking noises from someone's heels.

She stopped beside Iridessa and planted her knuckles to her side huffing in seethe.

"Did you know what your dumb HUSBAND do? That fucking imbecile is ruining the plan! Did you know how hard it is to teleport those twins back unknowingly? And the stupid bastard went ahead and announced that he got the children back!

I wasted half of my magic just to take them back. I still need time to replenish my strength back so, I don't know, maybe not DIE fighting! And now, thanks for the brainless villain wannabe, the world sped up the hunt for us!"

"The Tearmoon King have done his job well. King Wayne's forces will be preoccupied for quite some time." Iridessa said calmly.

"You ordered him to die to summon some undead soldiers. Just undead brainless zombies. You think that will give us much time? Not to mention, the same corpses he had killed himself."

Iridessa just looked at her unfeeling. "Nice dress."

The anger in Lena's face vanished in an instant and changed to a blushing blissful bride about to walk the aisle.

She giggled and made several turns making her wedding gown flutter around her. "I know right. I've been modifying it for centuries waiting for my dear brother to stop his rebellious mind and just give in to his duty for the family. Making our own pure blooded family that is."

Iridessa didn't say anything about it anymore. Lena's crazed eyes tells her that she have lost it.

Iridessa took out a small red glowing crystal from a jar that appeared in the thin air and fed it to Lena. The crystal melted in her mouth with strong iron taste. Lena's eyes lit red for a while then her body leaked out too much magic energy afterwards.

"That should be enough, yes?"

Lena examined herself and smiled in a very sinister way. "Yes. Thank you for your generosity, milady." Her voice didn't change. It's just that it's like it have its own echoes. It was like several different female voices talking after her repeating her words.

She is very much satisfied with the overwhelming power she currently have so she turned around and walked towards the door but she didn't use the door. She faded then vanished as she teleported back to her post.