Chapter 32

"Stand down. Point your weapons away. She's an ally."Alexa ordered the people pointing their weapons on Artnis that went straight to the sofa and flopped down. She seem really tired and haggard.

The people hesitated but obeyed Alexa.

Alice was waiting for Artnis' follow up information but she glared at her.

"Until when are you going to ignore that little pup?  He is noisy." That is the only time Alice noticed the pup from earlier yelping and whimpering at her looking worried.

Alice patted his head and tried to smile. But he only got louder. She was about to carry it when the alpha came out of nowhere and carried the pup by its nape. Then went straight out of the room. She noticed the harpie from earlier watch her in so much curiosity and stay in her place not following the wolf.

"Finally! Peace and quiet." Artnis sighed in relief and closed her eyes to sleep.

Usually, Alice would've let her sleep since she is pityful but this time is not a good time. Her twins are in a psycho's hand damn it!

"Artnis!"

Artnis huffed and sat frustrated.

"She's a witch okay. Not someone who could use magic. Someone like those crazy old ladies in movies that mix crazy items to make crazy things. It was a stupid excuse that she bought it from a roving merchant because one, no one is crazy enough to carry a box of it around unless you wish to be slaughtered in the middle of the road by monsters. Or even normal animals. Because it is basically a glutton aphrodisiac drug for them and just a whiff is entices them. BUT YOU TOOK THAT EXCUSE! There was no point correcting dumbasses no?" Then she asked someone to bring her a case of very cold cola. The bunny girl fastly went and got back with the cola. Artnis downed 5 cans in a blink.

Alice think that she should be offended but she forced herself not to.

"So as I was saying. That crazy bitch knows the cave." That didn't shock Alice. Of course she would. They just raided it.

"She knows it for a very very long time now. I predict... eversince she was still young." And downed another two cans.

It surprised both Alexa and Alice. Diane didn't react much.

"What do you mean? Alice looked up to see Zen and King Wayne on one of the screens. Zen looks upset.

"You the brother?" Artnis sipped the coke.

"What do you mean my sister knew about that blasted cave?" His jaws are clenched and his expression is dark.

Artnis laughed mockingly. "Now I get it. You were quite a looker. Hot and yummy to fuck. Do you know any relatives that are witches?"

His jaws ticked. "I would be careful with what I say if I were you." He said lowly but Artnis is not even threatened.

"Just answer the question."

"Yes." He answered sternly.

"Mm-hmm. Who?"

"A family friend. It's not just someone. It's a whole clan."

"Was there any partucular one of them got close to your sister?"

"Yes."

Artnis clapped and chugged another can of cola. "That particular witch's ancestor is a mistress of the current King's great grandfather." They were all surprised but she didn't let them react more.

She took an old notebook out of nowhere with dried animal skin cover.

"Thia is the oldest diary I found in the deeper part of the cave. And there is more where it came from. I just didn't took them because they are creepy. Turns out King's Wayne's grandfather put his mistress deep inside that cave after she harmed the his queen. He put a barrier that all she does inside, may it have scent or sound or vibration shall not escape the cave. Especially her then covered the cave with a very expensive mantel to cover the cave. When I said expensive, he sacrificed innocent commoner magicians just to make it. I don't know how but he did.