Chapter 27

The meeting that is supposed to happen after the forced 24 hours of relaxation got extended to another 24 hours. The king himself refused to get up from his bed and slept 48 straight hours. Alexa refused to wake him up since according to her, this is his longest sleep in the past decade. He deserve this sleep. Not that she is complaining. They had a family date with their friends yesterday.

It's just that, it didn't suit very well with the families of Redfang's hostages.

They are now inside his majesty's glamorous and spacious hall. Not in the study where they always held the meetings. Holograms of alliance leaders are floating above as well as Alpha Cade's face. Alice is relieved to see Beta Martin behind him holding a lady covered with lacy black veil. It must be his wife and still mourning for their child.

And unlike in the study that only attended by few highest ranked generals and nobles, the number increased now that the other lower ranked leaders have been called to join the meeting. Including from other fields like those in charge in agriculture, evacuation, medical, etc.

It is noisy inside. Men are chatting exchanging opinions all around. But Alice can see Baron Alderson remained silent but restless as he stand at the corner. It is obvious that he lost weight again. Alice felt pity for him. He's been waiting for almost two weeks now eversince the list with his family's name came to their hands.

The hall silence when the heavy and high double door opened and the King strides to his big comfy throne. He is wearing a cloak again. And it flowed beautifully behind him. Though it have thick brown mane on both ends comparable to a lion's Alice can't help thinking it is especially for the werelion general to see. And of course. Another magnificent crown on his unruly hair. New she presumed. But unlike most days that he wears clothes like an incubus macho man seducing everyone who sees him, he wore his uniform neatly complete with the badges, planks, stars and his nation's flag. He look dignified and kingly.

But for some reason, he didn't sit on the throne. He made an excellent turn and faced them all. Alexa stood her not far behind her king.

"If I asked you now if you are all ready for this will you say yes?"

The crowd is stunned by his first sentence in this meeting. But he seems serious. Dead serious.

"Friza, is your Icen army ready in your borders? Have you completed the ice bridge for the people you will receive? We already talked about this that your country will be receiving the escapees since your land is nearest the Redfang's.

How about land of artisans and blacksmiths? Vork? Are the weapons done? Are they enough? Did the ores made enough?

Dryads and fairies? Lumina, are our supplies enough there in Flaurence? Can your country keep up with this?

How about you, my very own people? Have you prepared youself already? We've been expecting this for a long time now don't tell me it still shocked you?!"

Noise errupted the hall asking each other what the king meant when his voice boomed again.

"I'm asking you now why are you asking each other? Have you lost your brains that you can't comprehend what I just said? I asked you if you are ready to risking your life for this war!" But the crowd still don't know what to answer.

"What is this nonsense King Wayne of Artesia?! Tearmoon have been terrorizing our kingdoms using their hostages and you are here spouting idiocy?!" The king of the desert kingdom Init is very angry.

"Oh my dear friend from the Init Kingdom Marshal. I have NEVER been this serious ever since a very long loooong time! This talks are useless! Waiting for intel. Another factor changes and the whole plan changes as well and then the mission extends longer! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF IT ALL!"