My Queen (King!Nightmare x Servant!Error)

"Error, come to my office now. I need to talk to you." Error read aloud the telegram from the King that was in fancy handwriting he could barely read. "Are you in trouble?" Horror asked next to him, who was still on his hours and dusting the shelves.

    "No way, Error never does anything wrong." Killer remarked, who was also on his hours, but was slacking off and eating potato chips and dip on a rather expensive couch that he couldn't buy if he saved every penny of his salary for twenty-five years, and they got paid rather well. "Either way, I'm not cleaning that couch if you spill those," Error said in disgust. He didn't even touch those couches after learning just how difficult it was to clean anything out of them. But either way, if a mess was made, at least he was reassured that only Killer would get fired.

    He stood up and left the sitting room, making sure to hurry down the long corridors, as Nightmare doesn't particularly enjoy it when others dilly-dally, and if he was in trouble for whatever reason, he'd rather have him as calm as possible.

    He made it to the top floor, where Nightmare's room was. His office was a small room in front of it with a desk. The door was ajar, practically inviting him in. He cracked the door open, but he didn't see Nightmare sitting at the desk. He wasn't anywhere in the room. He thought he heard ruffling coming from the door to his actual bedroom. Should he wait or announce his presence?

    "Erm...my king? I'm here..." he said. Better safe than sorry. Maybe he just expected him to take longer. "Ah, you're here already?" Nightmare's voice came muffled from behind the door. "Yes sir." After a moment, Nightmare's voice was heard again. "Well what are you waiting for? Come in."

    Error blinked. No one had ever set foot into Nightmare's room before. But he didn't object, knowing full well of his short temper. While he had never been a victim to his king's short fuse, he had sometimes been in the same hallways as people who had. He closed the door he came through, then slowly opened the door to his boss' bedroom.

    He was sitting on the side of his bed, the translucent violet curtains drawn to either side. He looked up at him and gave a small smile, putting a book he was reading into the night table. "Sit," he said, gesturing to a spot beside him. Error complied, still confused as to why his bedroom was suddenly a good place to assign someone to do something.

    The mattress was firm, but it still sunk down enough to make Error's small form slide next to Nightmare's. He flinched from the contact at their hips, but the King didn't seem to notice.

    "D-did you want something, sir?" He nodded. "Yes." Error waited in silence for a minute, inviting him to elaborate, but he didn't. "Erm, what might you want, sir?" Nightmare chuckled at the other's impatience.

    But then again, his little Error was a known hard worker who liked to do as much as possible in the shortest amount of time. Most think it's because he wants to get his hours off as soon as he can, but he does work the whole day, and there have been times where he's caught the servant dusting the shelves in the hallways and watering the flowers outside at three in the morning.

    He smiled, remembering how happy Error looked whenever he accomplished something at night. It also gave him sudden anxiety from what he wanted to ask of his dear servant.

    "I'm sorry, I just realized that it isn't anything worth your time." No!, his mind screamed at him, but his mouth didn't stop moving. "I'm sorry for wasting your time." He said, looking back down at his hands that were interlocked together, fidgeting silently in an attempt to calm his adrenaline rush.

    Error glanced at his hands as well, noticing his king's...concern? Was it really something not worth his time if he was so anxious about it? Despite all of the bones in his body that were convinced he would get yelled at if he pushed the suddenly not important request, he did exactly what he thought he shouldn't.