Strong Enough (=Dreamswap=)

Gone. All gone. He couldn't believe it. They're both gone.

    Error had gotten sick, a long time ago. It started as a little cough. A little sneeze. It happens. But, then every night, instead of having bad dreams, he was hacking his nonexistent lungs out, coughing endlessly. There was nothing they could do. They couldn't take him to the doctor, and they knew better than to give him street drugs. He couldn't walk. He could barely talk without breaking into a coughing fit. He was miserable, with nothing to do with himself. Then, one fateful morning, he was gone. Nightmare was torn. One of his friends had died and there was nothing he could've done. If he didn't let Error associate with him, he could've gone to a hospital. He would've been alive.

A few months later, he and Cross were ambushed by none other than Ink.

    He watched as he got distracted, and paint-covered bones shot up from the ground, piercing straight through Cross' soul.

    He dusted almost instantly.

Ink didn't mean to kill him. He was trying to do his job, and that was to bring Nightmare and his 'friends' to Dream's castle, alive. Ink looked away , ignoring the growing pain in his rib cage and left. Nightmare picked up what was left of the person who was always there for him no matter what, and mustered up the magic to teleport back home. He took his dust and poured it into a glass jar, and he tied his tattered scarf around his neck. He brought the jar outside the house, where there was a plot of green grass circling the house going aways a reasonable distance, before fading into the whiteness of the Omega Void. He stepped into the 'backyard', and listened closely. Even Kevin was silent. He continued, to find an open book laid on the ground in the corner of the backyard. It was something that Error created. It was an easy-access portal that didn't require nearly as much magic as you would need to build one from scratch, going to the place the pages described. He considered moving their house to the place that it went to, but the portal only works of two books are open and placed at the entry and exit. There was no other way to get there. He stepped through it.

    It led to a little pocket universe that held no animal life, only plants. He stepped through the tall grass, letting the sprinkle of the spring rain wash away the blood and dust on his body. He stopped before a large yew-tree that resembled the one he lived under once. With his brother. There was a large stone under it with the word 'Error' carved into it. It was the once place he could think of where his dear friend's grave would never be disturbed.

And now, he was going to bury his fiancé next to him.

Tears fell down his face as he grabbed a shovel that le left on the other side of the tree, and began digging.

   He put the jar of dust and bar of his favourite brand of chocolate in the grave. He stared at the golden heart locket he always wore, that held a picture of the three of them inside. He couldn't bear to get rid of it, so he undid his scarf and placed it in there instead. He covered the pile in the previously dug-up soil. He walked around, picking flowers from the landscape, and rolled a similar-sized stone to the grave, and carved Cross' name on it with his spear. He sat in between the two graves for a while. He didn't want to leave his only good company just yet.

    *Within the crown-wearing convict, something is resonating.

   *Whatever it may be, it's not good.

◾️◽️◾️◽️◾️

    Dream felt a negative emotion. A strong one. One like he's never felt before. Yes, people feel bad sometimes, but that doesn't mean they should. But this one was so strong. He knew it was far away, but it felt like it was right next to him. It was unsettling. Over the course of the next few days, he's tried to ignore it and focus on all of the paperwork he has to read and fill out on behalf of the J.R., but the negative energy was affecting his magic and strength. Whoever was emitting this aura was a problem that must be taken care of. If it was affecting him this much, Nightmare must be getting the positive end of such a horrible feeling. As much as it pained Dream to follow it, he used his heightened ability of comprehending other's emotions to fly to the source.