Babysitting: Part 1 - Horror

It wandered around the Multiverse. Looking for something. Anything. It had been bored for what felt like years.

It wasn't a human, and it wasn't quite a monster, either. It was an entity. A life form that has yet to be categorized as anything. It was lonely. Everyone was afraid of it, after word got out of what it did to it's own Universe. It didn't regret it's actions. It wasn't sure if it could even feel regret at all.

A lot has changed since its host ate the negativity that helped it to manifest in him rather quickly. And that, manipulating a skeleton known as Nightmare when he was at his weakest, tricking him that it was his friend, his only friend, only to take him over like a hungry parasite, was the only thing it could feel any remorse for. Everything else, it was glad it did, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

It continued to wander, quietly feeding off of negativity from the shadows, helping many from delving into pure insanity. The nice thing about feeding from bad emotions, was that people always felt better after he took them away. It liked seeing people happy, despite what Dream thought. Blame could not be put on that skeleton, though. It did take away his brother for good, of couse he'd be sad. And mad.

It considered going home as it looked off into the distance. It had never walked this far before. It had never went onto the outskirts of the Multiverse before. But, it didn't really want to go home just yet. The soul that didn't belong to it pounded for there to be something more out there. It had the urge to find a companion. A friend. It seems that the goal Nightmare's soul had didn't deplete, despite him not existing anymore.

It looked back for a moment, before continuing on.

Meanwhile, little footsteps hit the snow in a fast, erratic rhythm as it ran away from a furious adult close behind them. The skeletal child wasn't the fastest, but he fortunately knew this part of the endless evergreen forest like the back of his hand. He made twists and turns through the mountainous trees that only he could tell the difference in, both thanking and cursing the heavy blizzard of snow for blocking his view, but also covering his footsteps and crimson blood that trailed behind him. He found his way to his favourite tree in the whole forest, one with huge, sturdy branches that overlooked a clearing he and his brother play in every week or so. They made a small treehouse in it's high branches that was invisible to onlookers, especially during a blizzard. He desperately climbed the stringy little rope ladder, quickly pulling it up behind him. He squeezed through the planks of wood that were nailed to the entrance as a makeshift door, and shut black curtains made from stolen clothes to hide the light that illuminated from a lantern inside. He quickly grabbed a quilt from the back corner of the small room, huddling close to the lantern, but not close enough for the quilt to catch fire. That would be bad. Very bad.

"WHERE ARE YOU, YOU LITTLE SHIT!?" The big, scary monster who was chasing him yelled from ground level. It would be stupid to respond. He has a knife sharp enough to slice his neck bone in half. All Horror did was steal some G. It wasn't as if G could get you very far nowadays. Couldn't they spare just a tiny bit to some orphans?

He heard his little brother shake a box full of matches from the corner of the room, just loud enough for him to hear. He nodded, and blew out the lantern. For good measure. Now the only light source was coming from the crystals on the Underground's ceiling, and it was a very dim light at this current time. Before, he'd be afraid of the dark, but now he had scarier things to be afraid of. Like the wolf monster below that wants to kill him. What would his brother do without him if his skull were to be chopped off of his neck? Right in front of his sockets?

After a long moment, he could hear nothing but the harsh wind swirling outside. He stood up, quilt still tugged around him, and he slowly crept to the window. Wolves could hear better than skeletons, so it was best to keep any movement to a minimum. He opened the curtains just a crack. They were gone. He could see the faint remnants of footprints storming away. He was about to close his window again, but then he caught sight of a dark figure emerging out of the trees.