Yiang

Yiang. Their names were really Ying and Yang, but since they shared the same body, they simply said their name was Yiang to avoid confusion among others, and a super long explanation of their soul trying to separate before they were born, but not really succeeding and creating twins, one of which was the other's shadow. It wasn't really any of their business anyway.

     One night, Ying dreamed again of Yang getting her own body so she could be happy. She loved her sister, but sometimes(if not a lot of times) she really wished she wasn't literally spiritually attached to her. They were polar opposites, as most twins were stereotyped to be. Well, except they were living that stereotype. Ying was more like her 'mom' Cross, saying that in quotes because Cross was apparently male, who was more friendly and nice to people they knew and trusted, but could be silent and intimidating if they wanted or needed to be. Yang on the other hand, was more like their dad Nightmare(especially in appearance), who was constantly angry at everyone and everything, hated everything, and was very difficult, as she would only accept something if it was exactly the way they wanted. Well Yang, life is unfair sometimes. That's why Ying was the one in control of their body, not Yang. That would be pure and utter chaos. But if Yang had her own body, she could jump off the Grand Canyon and Ying wouldn't care, because she knew her sister was fearless and admittedly powerful and that she would totally survive that like a badass. Hey, they had their disagreements, but Ying looked up to her a lot.

     "This dream again??? I'm getting tired of eating the same thing, Ying." And another thing, because Yang can't normal food since she's a shadow, she feeds on Ying's dreams or nightmares. It's weird, at least in Ying's opinion. But she couldn't imagine never eating anything her whole life, so she doesn't do anything to prevent it. "Well, I can't exactly control what I dream about." "Whatever. It'll do I guess." Ying watched as her sister used her magic to suck the dream into a little golden ball in the palm of her hand, and stuffed it into her mouth.

     When she did, as usual, they woke up. But not in a place they recognized. They were in a white space, similar to the Anti-Void, but the code didn't feel the same. There was a black silhouette in the distance. Whatever it was, it was very far away. "Yang, do you have any idea where we are?" She asked. She braced herself for her to snap back with a snarky comment like 'well where'd you fall asleep you lazy butt?' or something like that, but she heard nothing. "Yang?" She looked behind her, only to see she wasn't casting a shadow. "Yang?! Where are you?!" She's never been without her sister before. She couldn't see or hear her. She then started thinking that this place had the same rules as their uncle's Anti-Void, where they had to fuse so Yang wouldn't be silenced. They had no idea if the Anti-Void would kill her, but it's not like they wanted to test it out. She started running to the black silhouette, tears pricking at the corners of her eyesockets. Upon being closer, the shadow was actually a house. Who the heck would want to make a house in a place like this? The only reason uncle Error lived in the Anti-Void was because he lived all of his remembered life in there, so he didn't feel comfortable anywhere else. Ying scrambled up to the door and knocked on the door in a panic. She really hoped her sister wasn't dead. A house has got to cast shadows inside, right?

     Cross jumped at the sound of knocking at the door. Nightmare and Error were out 'running errands', aka they were stealing eggs because Nightmare accidentally dropped the entire carton when he was making breakfast yesterday. Good job, dude. Knocking on the door meant nothing good, as no one except for the local Taco Bell had any idea where they lived. And the only people that were constantly looking for them was the J.R. The Justice Reigns, Dream's 'organization' or if you were Nightmare or had his brain, Dream's freaking cult that wanted to sacrifice anyone that ever did anything wrong in their life because redemption is totally overrated if you've ever done as little as insulted someone. Cross cautiously walked up to the door, his oversized knife in one hand, opening the locks with the other. He cracked open the door. "Hello, sir. May I come in? I'm lost." Cross opened the door, only to see a little twelve year old skeleton girl on his doorstep. Okay, Ink isn't at the door. He doesn't have to pack up. That's good. "Uh, sure. Come in..?" But how the heck can a child even somehow find themselves lost in the Omega Void??? Can that happen? The kid held out his hand and said "I'm Ying! What's your name?" Well, if 'Ying' doesn't recognize his face as one of the three most wanted skeletons in the Multiverse, then she shouldn't recognize his name, right? "I'm Cross," he told the truth, shaking the girl's hand. She froze, and looked up at him, cocking her head to the side, seemingly in confusion, but the look quickly washed away. Then, as if she was reading his mind, she said "Sorry, my dad's name is Cross and that confused me! It's super nice to meet you!" She glided past Cross 2.0 over to the living room, looking to the empty wall, relieved to see Yang. She was copying what her shadow would've looked like if she didn't exist within her. Ying stopped in her tracks, turning to face her completely. Yang looked back, letting her purple eye open and glare at her. It would be intimidating if she wasn't used to it. "Are you okay?" She whispered, making sure her sister wasn't somehow hurt in that fiasco. "I'm fine, just keep walking or that guy will think you're nuts." She nodded. "Okay, but can you check where in the Multiverse we're at during this?" Yang nodded, and pointed at Cross before looking like a normal shadow again. She took the hint and kept walking.