Dreaming (=FGOD!Error=)

August 17th, 20XX

It seems so confusing.

It feels like everything I've believed in for the past 450 years had been a lie. Was it a lie?

My predicament feels so simple, yet so complicated. I'm not even sure if I can call it "my" predicament. Because I feel it doesn't involve me. Yet at the same time, it does.

No, I'm writing this because I want to sort out my thoughts, not make it worse. I'll write down what I know, then maybe this will be a little clearer.

Error has little positive emotions. I know that for a fact, and I think my brother does, too. I suppose he simply has little to be happy for, which is a shame. Everyone deserves positive emotions.

But about two weeks ago, while I was in the Dreamscape, I saw that Error was dreaming. It was rare, I've never seen him dream before. He rarely slept as it is, and when he does, he has nightmares.

I can't access his nightmares, it would be too draining, so I took the chance to enter his mind and figure him out a little better.

I had braced myself, thinking that I would be met with dead or still dying individuals that he had slaughtered. But when I opened my sockets, the first thing I heard was laughter.

I heard many people, but Error's glitched voice was there. It wasn't a crazed laughter, either. It was just, happy. Content, even.

I walked through the forest towards where I thought I heard it. And there he was, with my brother and his friends. Laughing while chasing each other in a clearing in the forest. They all looked so happy. I'd never even seen Nightmare that happy, which saddened me a little when I thought about it.

I searched for something else happening, but they were just playing tag. That was it. The whole dream, at least for the time being. Nothing else, just a childish game of tag.

What confused me is how simple it was, and the amount of happiness from Error it was generating. No one dreams of such a simple, clear concept. Most either dream of the impossible, or a blurry mixture of happy things in their life. Even children who might dream of such a childish game dream of giant monsters and robots, and being superheroes or magic users.

Then the dream warped. We were now in a different location, and everyone was incoherently chatting with one another. Then something caught my orbits. Blue was there. Ink was there. And I was there, too. Everyone looked content, like there wasn't a war between our two sides, and everyone was friends. It was just like what I dream of sometimes. I didn't understand the meaning of this at first, and then it came to me:

Error wants a happy ending.

That's where I got confused. If a happy ending with no fear or harm is what he yearns for, then why haven't we achieved such a thing? Why would he create and amplify a problem he wants fixed and gone?

I exited the dream. Ink and I had to fight him the next day. He seemed so sad, with a hint of guilt. Have I been ignoring this? These negative feelings practically radiating off of him? How have I not noticed this??? I feel like the answer is right in front of me, but I just can't see it.

I tried talking to Blue, and he just went silent and walked away, saying something came up. I tried Ink as well, but he gave me the dismissive answer I expected from him. "Don't care about him, Dream. He's just playing with your head."

But this can't be a fluke. You can't fake internal emotions. It's impossible. I've tried to set up a meeting with Nightmare to talk, but he won't agree. Something is going on here. Whatever's being hidden here must be vital to this war. The hope of an end to this has never felt so close.

Yet at the same time, it feels so far away.