Cottage (Errink)

A/N: Seriously the shower is the place where all of my good ideas materialize
What the heck do you even put as a cover for these books I want to make a cover but I have no idea what I should do help me please
I'm totally gonna do part two but I really wanted to get this out :)
I just realized that both of my Errink oneshots (I have another one coming up but y'know we're getting there some other millennia) have them living in a remote cottage like what is my obsession with that aesthetic-

Deep in the woods of a Naturetale, stood a lone cottage. This cottage was abandoned for centuries, only known to someone who originally wanted to leave everything there and never look back on the one thing he wished he could forget.

Little did he know he'd come back to it. Hiding from the world around him once again. But it wasn't just him. In fact, he wasn't the one to really 'hide', per se.

It was someone else, who he gave a problem to. A soulling problem, to be exact. A little hate child, coming to either bring love or terror to the Multiverse around them. They'd be powerful, without a doubt. With the powers passed down from both a creator and a destroyer of worlds. Entire Universes filled with men, women and children, human and monster alike. Who knows what kind of horrifying terror they'd turn out to be.

At least Error wasn't mad at him for getting him pregnant. Or at least, it didn't seem like it. He might've been. Ink was never exactly empathetic, especially with such complicated situation with such complex emotions. But if he was, he didn't show it. That's good, at least.

Everything felt awkward. Only the sound of leaves crunching under their feet filling up the empty silence.

...

He and Error even made a truce. Error seemed to care about the supposed 'abomination(his words, not Ink's)' growing in his stomach, and didn't want the kid to live a completely broken life. Ink didn't want that either. So no more creation or destruction as long as they had to take care of the baby. Once they could live on their own, if they decide it's best, they'll go back to their old ways. Simple. Of course, people would probably try to kill Error during this weakened state, so he took Error to his old cottage deep in the woods. God, he couldn't remember the last time he stepped foot in that place. He wasn't even sure if he remembered where it was.

"Do you even know where we're going?" The glitchy one next to him asked irritatingly, as if he was reading his mind. "I think we're close???" He responded, though it was more like a question. Error rolled his eye lights in response. He stared, then pointed in a clearing of trees. "Is that it?" Ink followed his finger. It was! He took his hand, and starting running towards it before he could forget why they were here, despite Error's pained protests. He stared at it in amazement. Time had not taken its toll on this place. It was exactly how he left it. He walked up to the door, still holding Error's hand, and took out a ring of keys. "I hope I didn't get rid of the key." "You better hope you have it." Ink laughed at the threat. Threats were normally funny coming from Error, but were especially funny when his body was sucking all the nutrients out of his bones to help the soulling grow, resulting in him shrinking below Ink in height(that might've been the only thing he got obviously mad at). He was also stuck in a female ecto-body to properly nurture the soulling, so it was honestly hilarious to see a threat coming from someone who looks like a granny now. He tried a rusty old key that he didn't remember what was for, thinking it for this place. It unlocked. "C'mon. Let's see how bad of a shape I left this place in."

It really felt like someone still lived in here, caring for the rickety old home. Error was assured by Ink though, that he was certain he buried this cottage deep enough in the copy-pasted woods for none of the Naturetale inhabitants to simply come across. Though he still had some doubts in his mind, he knew Ink couldn't control that. He looked around. Most of the furniture inside was dusty and old-fashioned. "Don't worry, I'll give this place a makeover to make sure it's to your liking." Error simply nodded, his glance wandering from object to object, sometimes lingering on something that caught his eye, then moved on again. His mind was still trying to catch up with all that was happening. This was where he was going to live for the next few years. The next nineteen or so, even. And he wouldn't leave. As long as his little terror needed his help and guidance, he'd be there for them, even if he wasn't the best option. The Anti-Void was too dangerous, and well, we've been over why he shouldn't go anywhere else. He might sneak away to Outertale once in a while though, without Ink's knowing of course, to show his terror the stars.

He wasn't sure if the knowledge that Ink won't be here the whole time along with him made him feel better or worse. On one hand, he was glad that Ink wouldn't constantly be there annoying him. On the other hand, he didn't want an innocent kid to end up like him, or even get treated like him. It's not like he felt fit to raise a child. He was a little scared, but that feeling didn't seem to quite surface yet. He kinda just stood there, taking in what was happening as it did. He wanted nothing more than to blow up at Ink, saying how much of an idiot he was and the amount of shame he felt. He wanted to fight, then be miserable, then finally agree to Ink's help. It was all a game. He didn't like getting mad, but this weird feeling as if everything was okay felt even worse. He didn't feel anything. It felt more like he was watching a boring episode of Undernovela.

He sat down on the couch, making himself comfortable on it, before Ink said "Hey, don't you want to check out the bedrooms?" Error grumbled. "No. My stomach's cramped from that unexpected running. I'm ready to sleep right here, right now." Ink smiled, though no one could ever tell if the artist's smile was satire or not. "Go ahead." Error's sockets narrowed. "If I wake up with marker or paint or anything stupid on my face or any part of my body for that matter, I will pummel you." With that Error doze off, leaving Ink alone to remake the home for his liking.

It took Ink nearly all of his willpower to not give Error a neon rainbow house. He probably would've if he was staying here for any other reason. He couldn't help thinking that this was all his fault. He felt indebted to Error, almost. He didn't deserve this. He glanced at Error; he was grabbing at the blanket draped over him. He opened a portal to Error's Anti-Void. He looked through everything before settling on a little mini-Ink doll that was honestly adorable. He carefully stuck it in Error's crossed arms. He smiled in his sleep and pulled the doll closer to him.

    Ink ginned. Error was adorable sometimes.

    Error's eye sockets fluttered open, his lights staring at a...black ceiling? The ceiling wasn't black before, was it? He smelled something good in front of him. A plate of toast and a bar of his favourite chocolate (Underfell's special chocolate with peppers infused into it) on the table. He looked around, taking in the brand new surroundings. The majority of the house was monochromatic(going only as white as a light grey, thanks to Ink's leukophobia) with shades of blue here and there. It kinda looked like the Anti-Void, except with more contrast.

    He looked back down at the plate in front of him, and saw a note right next to it. How did he not notice that before?

    Error,

      I'm sorry I had to leave before you woke up. Unfortunately, there's more to being a creator/protector than simply creating/helping others create. I went to help Dream with the patrols around the Multiverse, though apart from Nightmare's team, there won't be much of a point to them now, will there? Heh. In any case, I made you some food! I hope it isn't cold... If it is, just heat it up in the microwave. I couldn't remember if you ate or not, but either way, I know I have to eat so maybe the soulling will too, so you should probably get something in your system for them. I know you don't necessarily like me around, so I probably won't be back for a while(other than a few checkups to make sure you're both doing well!). Just call or text me if you want me to come back. I may not answer right away though. I hope you enjoy your stay at my old house; consider these next few years as a vacation! I'll be here if you need me,

    -Ink

    Pssh, as if he ever needed Ink's help. He'd sooner call Nightmare. Speaking of Nightmare, he might worry about the destroyer's absence. Blue will too, for that matter. But Ink and he agreed, no contact with the outside world unless absolutely necessary. As if right on cue, his phone started vibrating, showing the goopy overlord was calling him. He hated ghosting his friend, but he pressed the red button displayed on the screen. Sorry Nightmare, he thought, but I stay true to my word, even if Ink may not.