Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Faith's POV

Jace and I lay in bed, our hands playing with each other in the air as we watch them.

"I don't want to get up," I said, dropping my hand and hiding my face into his chest.

A sigh left Jace's lips, "Alec asked for us to meet him in his office."

Confused, I rose my head and looked at him, "When?"

"About an hour ago," Jace said with a small smile. His words made my eyes go wide before I quickly jumped out of bed and changed my clothes. "There's no need to rush, we're already late."

"Yeah, but there's no reason to be more late," I said, slipping a shirt over my head and eyeing Jace who still laid in bed.

Jace chuckled, "Well, I think an hour is pretty late."

Tying my shoes, I glanced up at Jace, "Well, I'll have to let him know that, that was your fault. No need for both of us to get in trouble." Standing up and letting out a huff, I smirked, "And you're still not dressed so mine is more believable."

Those words caused Jace to roll his eyes and stand, slipping on some clothes as quickly as he could while mumbling something under his breath. Once we were both ready, we headed to Alec's office, opening the door to find Sebastian there.

Alec looked up at us, "You're late."

"Jace's fault," I said, throwing my thumbing behind me, towards Jace.

"Yeah, sure it was."

"It was."

"Alright!" Alec said, shutting us both up. "You two are already acting like a married couple," He mumbled, making me blush slightly. Alec leaned on his desk, "I have requested that we move Valentine to the Gard in Idris. The Clave has approved the transfer."

Jace's eyes went wide and he took a step towards Alec, "What, you told them about the assassination attempt?"

"No. I explained to them that moving Valentine out of the city is the best way to restore relations with the Downworld." Alec looked at me, "I left Luke out of it."

"Thank you," I said, grateful and causing Alec to nod to me in response.

Sebastian spoke up, reminding me he was here, "It is the right decision."

Alec nodded, but put up one hand, "But we have not given up finding who orchestrated the hit on Valentine."

"I actually have a few leads on that. I'll, um, I'll get a report in by the end of the day," Sebastian said.

Alec nodded, "Great." It was silent until Sebastian left, leaving Alec, Jace, and I alone. Alec turned his attention onto Jace then me, "Jace, you'll be leading the transfer mission. Faith, you will assist."

Jace sighed, and nodded, "We need to remove Valentine's Circle rune. The new wards in Idris won't let him pass with it on."

I crossed my arms, "Well, as great as that sounds, I think this one is Jace's job."

Jace looked at me, smiling, "I thought you'd never ask."

Now he was excited.

Alec sighing and lowering his head made Jace and I look at him. He paused for a moment before rising his head, "Tell me that I'm making the right call, 'cause I'm just not sure I'm good at this."

I spoke up, "Alec you were born for this. Even when Clary and I first came here you acted like you were already in charge. This should be a piece of cake."