Chapter 9

Picture of Faith and Jace's ruin.

Chapter 9

Thankfully, the location of Magnus is close by, meaning that we didn't have to walk forever in dresses in heels. According to Izzy, all of her clothes and shoes are capable to fighting in. But looking at this dress, I start to wonder otherwise.

When we arrive at Magnus' location, I'm surprised to find it's an abandon warehouse, holding no sign of life inside. We all pull out our weapons and head inside.

"It doesn't look like anyone's here," Clary comments.

"Warlock glamour, covers what's really here," Jace comments, on guard.

Izzy looked slightly nervous, a new look on her face. "Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

"His protective wards must be down," Alec says, his eyes glancing up onto the beams and second floor. "Hey," He says, causing all of us to follow his eyes onto the second floor.

A man gets stabbed repeatedly before being tossed over the second floor railing and crashing onto the ground with a hard thud.

"Oh, God! Valentine found Magnus!" Clary yells, her feet quickly kicking into gear. I follow her, while everyone else disperses in their own directions. We catch sight of a little girl running over to the dead man, crying as she yells, "Daddy! Daddy? Daddy, get up, please!"

I catch sight of two Shadowhunters with red circles on the side of their neck, sneaking towards the girl.

Clary and I look at each other, both of us seeming to read each other's ideas and nod in agreement. I move on while Clary circles around to the right. She's out of sight and mind for the time being as I focus on the first man that's sneaking on the girl.

I let out a sharp whistle, grabbing the Shadowhunter's attention. The little girl looks up at me, turning to catch sight of the man. She lets out a small yelp and rushes over to me, hiding behind me.

My hand holds the blade tightly in my hand as I take a few steps towards the Shadowhunter. He smirks at me, "Faith Fairchild. Valentine will be so pleased to meet you."

"He won't get the chance, at least not today," I say bitterly.

The man runs towards me, my feet seeming to do the same as we meet half-way. Jace's words run through my mind "The blade knows you. And you know how to handle yourself".

Once I'm in front of the man, I make a quick action of slashing at the man. He holds up his arm, causing the blade to cut his arm. A hiss leaves his lips as he looks at it. When his eyes return to me, he looks pissed.

I go to slash at his legs, in hopes of knocking him to his knees but he jumps over my blade. He catches my wrist, giving it a harsh squeeze as he raising his other hand which appears with a knife.