Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Faith's POV

My vision had shaken me, pushing me to the point that I was trying to push my brain to give me more information. But no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't grasp anything else.

Jace kept trying to reassure me that nothing was going to happen to him. But my visions hadn't been wrong yet.

But even with my mind distant in thought, when Jace and I heard that Alex's brother, Max, was injured, even I couldn't turn away from it. Jace went to Max's side while I looked at security footage.

When I went to the infirmary and found Max lying on the bed with a bandage around his head, it took me off guard for a moment. Everyone looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

"I checked the Institute's security camera footage. Whoever attacked him is somehow covering their tracks."

Sebastian spoke up, asking, "Has he been able to talk?"

Izzy shook her head, "Not yet. He's unconscious."

Clary sighed, crossing her arms, "I don't understand. Who would wanna hurt him?"

Alec pushed himself out of the chair in anger, making his way to the door, "I don't know. But I'm gonna find out." Jace quickly stood up, putting a hand on his chest and stopping him.

"Hey. I'll get Robert and Maryse here. The rest of us, we'll find out who did this."

Sebastian nodded, looking between Alec and me, "Yeah, I'll stay with Max. If he regains consciousness, perhaps he can ID his attacker."

"Thanks," I said with a paint smile, putting my hand on his arm. At his touch, a vision filled my head, giving me hope that it would be Jace. Instead, it was Sebastian, killing Shadowhunters. My eyes pulled together in confusion as I'm brought back, making Sabastian shift uncomfortable.

I felt a light touch on my arm, making me drop my hand and look to see Jace next to me. "Hey, you coming?"

"Yeah," I whispered, giving one last curious look at Sabastian before leaving to investigate Izzy's room where Max was found.

Traces of blood outside the door leading into the room made us curious.

"From the traces of blood outside the door, it seems Max was attacked somewhere else and then he came here."

"Which means he was either looking for help or was placed here to cover up where he was actually hurt at," I said, looking around for any sign of anything. I even grazed my fingers over everything, just to see if I could get a vision on something.

Jace looked at me curious from my words, "What do you mean?"

I sighed, turning and looking at Jace, "I saw something when I touched Sebastian's arm."

"A vison?"

"Yeah, he was attacking Shadowhunters."

Jace moved his head in confusion, "Are you sure they were Shadowhunters and not Valentine's men?"

I shrugged, sitting on the edge of Izzy's bed, "I don't know. I swear these visons get more and more complicated."

"You mean like the one where I die?" I look away, causing him to sit next to me and take one of my hands. "Hey... I'm not going anywhere, okay? Besides, I got to marry you first before I even think of going anywhere."

I looked at him, smiling slightly before nodding. My eyes looked off, noticing a box under Izzy's desk. "Jace," I said and stood up, walking over, and picking up the small box with the initials J.C. on it.