Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jace and I walked outside of a giant bar. The night capturing the black motorcycles that sat around.

"You wanna kill time at a biker bar?" I asked, not complaining, just surprised.

"We can't move on the vamps until sunrise. Plus, there's something I need in here," Jace said as we entered the bright lit bar. Between the fancy lights and music, it reminded me of something I'd find myself in every now and then. Just to sit and watch the people.

A small scuff left my lips, "What, a drink?"

"I don't drink," Jace said, his eyes scanning the inside of the club.

Nodding slightly, I said, "Touche." It was a choice that I never regretted. Drinking wasn't really my thing, never has been and probable never will be.

I followed Jace as he moved towards the side of the bar, a garage like door wide open and letting guys park their motorcycles in. Even I had to admit, the bikes were beautiful, but it only rose more questions.

"Shouldn't you be teaching me to fight vampires or something?" I asked?

Jace cracks a smile as he stops next to the bar, leaning against it. "I am. First lesson..." He lightly puts his hands on my shoulder, turning me around so I'm facing a couple at a tall table. "What do you see?"

At first, I think it's a joke, turning and looking over my shoulder at Jace. He only nods ahead, making me sigh and look back at the couple.

"A couple, talking and making out."

"Focus on the couple. Now, concentrate on seeing through," Jace said, pushing his hand out as if he was pushing something out of the way.

I turn and look at Jace, my eyes pulling together in confusion, "Through?"

"There are layers to reality. You can peel them away. See the Shadow World," He explained.

My attention returned to the couple, watching them have a make-out session on the table. I concentrated on the couple, doing as Jace said and looking past what I was just seeing with my own eyes. Sure enough, as if a spell had been lifted, the couples' true nature poked out.

The couple were humans, in face they barley looked like they did when just looking at them. Instead, their physical features had changed and their teeth weren't just straight, white ones, but fangs.

"Vampires," I said, the word leaving my lips in just above a whisper.

Jace nodded slightly behind me, "Yup. Now, check out that guy." He points to a man in a leather jacket, causing my attention to follow his finger to the guy. The man walks towards the first motorcycle, the design of a fire dragon on the side catching my eyes.

"He's got something we need," Jace said, causing me to turn to him.

"What?"

Nodding towards the guy, Jace said with a smirk, "Go over, flirt a little. You'll see."

Something inside of me turned at hearing his request. I don't know why but I felt, strange flirting with someone in front of Jace. "I don't think I'd feel comfortable..." I started, watch as Jace smirked slightly, crossing his arms in wait.

Letting out a sigh, I mumbled under my breath, "Okay, fine" before turning towards the motorcycle driver. Sucking in a breath, I walked over to the motorcycle driver, grasping any courage I had to pull this off.

A smile played on my lips as I leaned on the bike, my hand resting on the seat of it. "So, you're the mysterious stranger that owns this bike. I was keeping my eye out."