Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Faith's POV

Alec, Jace, Clary, and I are looking at a holographic map of the city in the Ops Center in the Institute, trying to figure out Izzy's location.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the Meatpacking District, and then the trail runs cold," Alec explained.

Jace shook his head next to me, "It's no use just tracking dead bodies. With his ability to dematerialize he could be anywhere."

Alec closes the map and suddenly Izzy walks up to us with a man behind him, "Maybe we can help."

"Izzy!" Claire and I said in unison before we both hugged her.

"We've been so worried about you," I said.

"Where have you been?" Clary asked as we release Izzy.

Izzy and Alec make eye contact before Izzy speaks, "Looking for Azazel. This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute. When the demon came after me, Sebastian saved my life."

We all looked at Sebastian who shrugged and smiled nervously, "Oh, I simply lent a hand."

"Sebastian's an expert on all things Azazel," Izzy smiled.

"When I studied abroad at the Paris Institute, I specialized in Greater Demons," Sabastian explained.

Alec let out a sigh before holding out his hand to Sabastian, "Thanks for saving my sister. I'm Alec." They shakes hands.

Jace held out his hand next, "Hey. Yeah, thank you. I'm Jace." They shake hands as Sabastian smiled, "The great warrior in the flesh. Your reputation precedes you."

Sebastian turned to Clary, "As does yours. You must be Clary, Valentine's daughter." Clary and he shook hands as Clary said, "Yeah. Don't hold it against me."

"Well, we don't choose our parents."

I spoke up next, holding out my hand, "I'm Faith."

Sebastian eyes me, nodding with a smile, "Your Clary's half-sister, and connected to Jace, correct?"

"The one and only," I nodded.

Once all the introductions were done, Jace spoke up, getting to business, "So tell us about Azazel. How do we take him down?"

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core. In corporeal form, it's between the T8 and T9 vertebrae. But it's not that simple. The core is about the size of a pea."

"So the entry point's right below his sternum?" Jace asked, causing Sebastian to nod. "If I can get close enough, I can kill him," Jace says.

"You wouldn't have enough velocity, and even if you did, the defeat's only temporary. The nasty buggers always find a way to break out of their realm and come back."

Alec spoke up, grabbing our attention, "Thank you for the intel, but we'll take it from here."

"We could use all the help we can get, Alec. And he clearly knows more about Azazel than we do," I said, making Alec glance at me before sighing.

"Fine."

Sebastian nodded before continuing, "Now, as far as tracking is concerned, we should really think-"

Alec spoke up, cutting the man off, "We have a very capable warlock for that. You do what you want. I'm gonna work with Magnus." With that, Alec turned and left, leaving us to let out a sigh.

Well, Alec clearly doesn't like Sebastian.

One of Imogen's guards approached the small group, "Jace, Clary, and Faith, Imogen has asked to see you in her office." The three of us glanced at each other before nervously following the guard.