Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Faith's POV

Clary and I walked into the Opse Center of the Institute, discussing what had happened at the bar.

"I just got off the phone with Luke. He made it look like a tragic gas leak," Clary said.

Nodding, I said, "According to the autopsy, the victims died of massive brain hemorrhaging."

Clary rose a brow, "A demon can do that?"

I shrugged, "Don't really know. I talked to Jace and he said a Greater Demon can."

"What exactly is the difference?"

"Greater Demons are more powerful and harder to stop," I said, pulling up a holographic map of the city. "They're also incredibly rare I guess. When they do show up, there's a reason." Thanks to Jace and a lot of research, I was able to have some type of mind with this stuff. At least a little bit.

I noticed Clary's eyes studying me, causing me to suck in a deep breath, preparing for her to say something. Which, she did. "Hey, is everything okay? I've tried calling and you never pick up. I even stopped by the other day and you weren't at the house."

"I'm just going through some stuff right now."

Clary turned to fully look at me, putting her hand on my arm. "Faith, I'm sorry about everything that's been going on between us, but... When we were kids and something was wrong, you'd always try to help me. Now, something's wrong and I just want to help."

I gave her a reassuring smile, "Remember what mom always said to us when we fought?"

"Time heals all wounds that aren't too deep."

"I need some more time."

Clary paused, nodding slowly before mumbling, "Okay."

Thankfully, Alec and Jace walked over to us, stopping any other discussion that may happen. But the look on Alec's face said that his words weren't exactly good either.

"Izzy has been drinking Vampire venom, but now she's trying to get off of it. She went to Raphael to get help but she's missing and I think this man took her. Azazel."

He pulled up a picture of the man.

Clary, confused, asked "I thought Izzy had the flue. Why would she leave the Institute?"

"I don't know. But if he's hurt her..."

Jace put his hand on Alec's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze, "Hey, she could have escaped. We don't even know if he has her."

"She hasn't called. And she's not answering her phone. But she's still alive. I know it, it's just... He's got her."

"What does he want?" I asked, watching the footage of Azazel walking out of the Heslodge bar.

Jace shrugged, "I don't know, but we should inform the inquisitor, okay?"

"She's in a meeting with the Alicante Council," Clary informed.

Alec shook his head, looking worried, "I don't understand. Why Izzy? What does a Greater Demon want with her?"

"I'm not sure. But I think I know who we could ask."

Jace, Clary, and I headed to the basement, walking upon and into Valentine's cell. Jace stopped me before I could walk in, "Hey, are you sure you want to do this?"

I looked into Jace's eyes, wondering if his words were directed towards me or himself. "I have too," I said, giving his hand a squeeze before we walked into the cell were Clary was filling Valentine in.