Chapter 8

Picture (left) is Faith's dress.

Chapter 8

I know I'm dreaming, I know it's not real, but that doesn't stop my fear from rising. It feels like I'm actually living it. I can feel the burning on my right arm again, even through my dream.

This nightmare was similar to the one I had when I went unconscious because of the demon venom. Only this time, the pain is more intense and I can hear my screams and cries.

The man from before still causes the pain, only this time his face is barley seen.

As quickly as the first nightmare started, I'm back to my bedroom. My stomach tosses and turns inside. My body aches like I just got hit by a car. My brain feels like its foggy while also racing. And my heart, my heart feels like its breaking, ready to jump out of my chest.

I've never had nightmares like this. Where I could feel the pain as if it was actually happening to me in real life.

Suddenly, the pain stops and is replaced with an electricity like bolt that brings my energy level to full power. My eyes fly open and I sit up, my body in shock from the sudden change in feelings.

Jace is holding onto my shoulder, trying to calm me down as I let out a few shaky breaths. "Hey. It's okay, I'm here. You're safe."

A sigh of relief leaves my lips along with Jace's name as I move my hair away from my face.

Seeing that I'm awake and somewhat back to the world, Jace's hand lowers to my arm where he rubs it soothingly. "You wanna talk about it?"

I scuff slightly as I look at my hands in front of me. "It's hard to talk about something that you don't even understand." But, I tried my best to explain my dream, my eyes still on the bed. "I keep seeing the same thing. I'm strapped to a chair, and this man is tearing something out of my arm and my body feels like it's on fire. I can feel a part of me, a part of my heart, just rip away. Then I go numb. And when I'm home, I'm so sick."

My eyes move up, catching Jace's as I look at him with a desperate look. "I need answers, Jace. I need to know what these nightmares mean. Why my dad is part of this. Why I feel the way I feel."

Jace seemed to nod slightly in agreement. His eyes went down to the bed as well before returning to me with a confused look. "You said there was a man. Do you remember his name? What he looked like?"

"No. I just remember seeing purple smoke coming out of his hands."

"What about your stories? Do you think they'd have the answer?" Jace asked, recalling that my stories held the place that Dot was supposed to be at.

I shake my head with a sigh, looking down in disappointment, "No." But an idea came to mind, raising my head again. "But new ones might."

My hands grabbed one of the journals, making my way over to the desk. Jace took that at his moment to leave. Letting me get to work in hopes of getting answers.