Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Faith

Rope burns were on my wrists as I struggled in the chair I was tied too. Simon was tied to a chair behind me as well, struggling against the restraints that held him. Men were in the room, watching us closely.

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here," Simon says as I pull and yank at the rope.

My stomach tossed and turned, causing me to halt my movements. "I feel like I'm going to be sick," I mumble. Before I could follow those words with an action the door to the Head of the Institutes Office opened and Valentine walked in.

"Well, it seems Clarissa needs more incentive."

Simon and I watched as Valentine walks over to the desk, picking up the blade and walking towards me. Quickly, Simon spoke up, causing Valentine to stop and move to get a better look at the vampire.

"No! What she needs is a real father. Look, I've been best friends with Clary forever. And the one thing she's always wished is to be able to know her real dad. And she's had that chance. And she found a homicidal maniac. She wants nothing to do with you. She hates you. Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't it make you wanna change? For her?"

Valentine sighed, glancing at the ground as I watched him, waiting for him to make a move.

"You are quite right, Simon."

Putting the blade to the side, Valentine pulls out his phone and facetimes Clary. He sets the camera up so she can see us.

When Clary pops on the screen, I can hear her voice, "Oh, my God! Simon, Faith, are you okay?"

"They're fine. We've just been having a nice talk. You know, he told me your greatest wish was to get to know your old man, which is funny, because it's always been my wish to get to know my daughter. And so, I'm here, and I'm waiting for you. And frankly, well Clarissa, I'm losing my patience."

Standing up, Valentine moves over to Simon, cutting his throat with ease. I yelp and pull at my restraints, struggling as he moves towards me. Using the blade, he stabs me in the stomach, causing me to gasp and my struggling to stop.

"The vampire and your sister have a half-hour, maybe 40 minutes, before you lose two people you care about. Come quick, Clarissa. I don't think Jace would want you to wait."

I do my best to control my breathing as I look down at my stomach, watching my shirt get stained red. I glance up, noticing Valentine pacing as he is growing impatient.

"Simon, you're going to be okay," I say, hissing through the pain.

"Oh, Faith, always so sure of things," Valentine smirked as he stopped in front of me.

Glaring up at him, I say a little weakly, "I'm sure I'm going to beat the crap out of you."

"You keep telling yourself that."

Clearing my throat a little, I say, "Clary. She'll know it's a trap."

Valentine knelt down in front of me, "Even the sly mouse will walk into a trap if it wants the cheese badly enough. And you and this vampire, you're the cheese for both of my children."

The sound of footsteps are heard and Madzie is walking in which causes Valentine to turn and look at her.

"Hey! Oh, don't worry, little one. It's only a game. It's make believe, okay?" Valentine makes his way over to Madzie as he speaks before looking at two of the men. "Take Faith upstairs. And don't let anyone in unless her name is Clary."

I barley hear Simon as he calls my name, but I feel the men untie me and lift me up. I struggle as best as I can but fall limp hallway down the hallway as my energy seems to fail me.