Chapter 25

(Picture of Faith's dress)

Chapter 25

Faith POV

Once again I found myself transferring clothes and a journal into the bag that I had taken with me to Magnus'. Jace had returned, which meant that I was going to return to the Institute to be there with him.

Magnus was off, as far as I knew, leaving the place in silence. It was nice, not to have to hear the "I'm sorry" or the quiet stares and whisper that would occur since my mom died. Even Clary seemed slightly off, but I knew she was taking this harder than I was.

Or at least, she showed it more than I was.

The sound of footsteps are heard and Magnus' voice fills my ears, causing me to turn to him.

"Hello my dear."

"Magnus, I thought you were gone."

"I was, but returned before you could sneak away," Magnus said with a small smile.

Nodding slightly, I looked down at the shirt in my hands before looking back up at him. "Thank you, for everything you did. I owe you."

Magnus waved his hand in the air, "No worries." He lowered his hand as I returned to lacking. "How are you doing?"

A sigh left my lips, "I'm, I'm okay." I stopped at turned to Magnus who was staring at me with a raised eyebrow, seeing right through me. "I told her that she lost me, that she was being punished for everything she's done to me and Jace. And now, now she's gone."

"Your mother was only trying-"

"To protect me. Yeah, that's what everyone keeps saying. But you know what, Magnus? What if she wasn't? What if she was doing it all for herself? I mean, Jace knew about Shadowhunters even when I met him all those times. If she would have let fate run its course I would be at the Institute, safe. Not in agenizing pain every other week because she was blocking my Connection ruin and erasing my memories."

Magnus seemed to listen to my words as he looked at me with sympathy. My words continued though as an anger mixed with sadness tone left me. "I felt trapped, like I was cursed or something. I was so scared to go out, to meet people, to even go anywhere because I was worried I'd get sick again. Because I spent years thinking there was something wrong with me, that I was doing this to myself. When in fact, it was my own mother doing it to me. And what? I'm supposed to just forgive her for all of that? Even in death, I can't forgive her, not fully."

Shaking my head as I looked at the ground, I did admit, "But I do regret what I said, because those were the last words I said to her."

Magnus took a step deeper into the room, his eyes staring at me, watching me as my eyes avoided him before focusing on him. "If that makes me a bad person, or a bad daughter, then that's what I am. But no one, no one, has any idea what I went through all those years."