Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Clary, Izzy, Alec, Jace, and I are back in the Main Computer room of the Institute. The actions of an hour ago still replaying in my mind. His lips on mine, it was defiantly the best feeling I've ever felt.

Alec, though, returned to his duties and scoped out the land around us on the computer.

Jace walked over to his friend, "You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that. No Downworlder can come into the Institute."

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter," Izzy said, descending the couple of stairs towards the little group.

Alec side glanced us, "Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave."

Clary's eyes went wide at the comment, "Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it."

Izzy sighed, seeming to say something that she usually wouldn't, "My brother is right. The Cup is extremely important."

Even Alec caught onto Izzy's words, seeming just as surprised as me. "Are you agreeing with me?"

"I'm full of surprises," His sister smirked.

Shaking my head and pulling us back into the matter at hand I spoke up. "This Cup is the one chance we have of getting our mom back."

Jace nodded next to me, "I agree with Faith."

Alec looked off, his next words a mumble but Jace and I both caught them. "Of course you do."

Although Jace gave Alec a slight glare, he made no comment, continuing on with the conversation. "We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

Turning towards Jace and I, Alec's voice rose slightly, clearly annoyed, "You act like you guys don't know how powerful this Cup is."

I took a step forward, planting myself in between Alec and Jace and hopefully making a point with my words. "Look, we do, okay? It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, we will not let that monster get his hands on it."

Jace gestured towards me, taking a small step back so he could be seen, "There you go. You have her word."

Alec looked between Jace and me, his eyes eventually falling on Clary as well. My sister gave him a look that said she agreed with my statement. With a heavy sigh and a small glare in my direction, Alec motioned for Clary to follow him, "Follow me."

Before they disappeared, I caught sight of them going into the ruin room, probable placing the Cup card in one of the secured shelves.

My body turned, meeting Jace's. "Thanks for having my back on this. I don't think he would have listened to me if you didn't agree."

Jace gave me a half smirk, taking a step so he was right in front of me again. "You were right. Besides, I'll have your back." His hand reached up, cupping one of my cheeks as his eyes moved between my lips and my eyes. I could feel the pull of our lips towards each other.

We both gave in, our lips just brushing against each other before the computers next to us lit up and started beeping. Jace and I pulled our lips away, our hand still on each other's bodies as we looked at the computers.

"What the Hell?" Alec asked, racing over to the computers.

Jace and I pulled away, Jace taking a step closer to the computer. "There's something outside the perimeter."