Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"I know where the Cup is," Clary said, her face showing signs of excitement.

"Come again?" Jace asked, turning his body away from me and towards Clary. The words causing Magnus and Alec to join the group.

Clary started explaining, "The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it."

No one said anything, all of our eyes falling at the realization of her words. It didn't click in her brain, not until she started talking with a confused look. "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find..."

"Dot," I finished, causing Clary to pause in realization. Her mouth parted slightly as she came to realize what we all did too.

Jace spoke up, taking a small step, "If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-"

Magnus walks over, waving his hand as he cut's Jace off. "We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice."

Clary looked at Magnus, "But he can control demons. We've seen it."

Scuffing slightly, Magnus corrected her, "Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect."

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card," Jace said, cracking a smile at his comment as he crosses his arms. I can't help but crack a half smile too.

"Opening the gates of hell... that's a little more tricky," Magnus pointed to Clary.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards," A voice said. Footsteps matched it, entering Luke who looked like he barely had a scratch on him. Though, his bandages still wrapped around him. "I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary and Faith went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track them."

Clary's face lit up, "That's great. This should be easy."

Magnus hummed, "That's what General Custer said."

Luke nodded, "Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."

"Discreet?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "No offense, but you look like something out of The Mummy movie," I said, gesturing to his wrapped upper body.

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix."

Everyone looked at each other before Jace nodded, "Alright, looks like we got a plan."

"What about our mother? She'll never agree to this. And we can't go back without the girls."

There was no way I was leaving Jace, not again. Twice was already too many for me. It seemed Clary understood that as her eyes glanced over at me. She closed her still parted lips before speaking up.

"I'll go back with you. Faith and Jace can go."

"That seems a little odd considering you're the only one who can get the Cup," Alec said, gesturing over to Clary.

Clary shrugged, "Faith and Jace can bring it back to us. It'd be safer that way anyways. Besides, I know they don't want to leave each other again," Her eyes moved over to Jace and me at her last few words.

She was right. To right.

"I guess that could work," Alec said with a sigh as he rubs the back of his neck. His eyes moved over to Jace, only falling on me for a second, "You need backup, you call us. Got it?"