Chapter 54

Soobin felt an internal uncomfort being away from Hueningkai as he saw someone in a deathbed. At least Taehyun got to be the one carrying beomgyu to his doctors.

Soobin had thought Hueningkai had died for several days, and seeing beomgyu like that had triggered the un-eraseable image of Hueningkais neck slit in his arms, his beautiful sparkly eyes dimming under him. He could definitely imagine the pain Taehyun was feeling.

Feeling like you've failed the one person you've promised yourself you'd protect. Never getting to say an apology or another 'i love you'

Hueningkai suddenly crashed into soobin in the hallway, soobin instinctively catching him from falling.

Hueningkai seemed relieved to have found where soobin escaped to, but felt bad for him when soobin just enveloped Hueningkai in a gentle hug. As if saying 'dont go'

Hueningkai ran his hands in circles across soobins back as whispered gentle 'i love yous' and 'its alrights' to him. The giant prince seemed fragile to the subject of death now, and Hueningkai regretted that so terribly.

"Baby steps, together alright?" Hueningkai hadn't flinched at their hug and Soobin felt comforted affirming Hueningkai was real.

Soobin wiped the little tears he had shed on hueningkais shoulder and nodded, smiling down to Hueningkai.

"Did he accept the invitation?" Hueningkai smiled his sunshine smile of hope, lighting up the dim situation.

Soobin scoffed and only laughed now, taking hueningkais hand in his as he walked down the hallway.

"He woke up just to accept our wedding invitation, if Taehyun doesn't kill him first." Soobin smiled down and clinked their rings together ever so slightly as their hands swayed together with their steps.

"How do you feel?" Beomgyu asked as the doctor took his heart beat.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Taehyun gave an unbelievable scoff and smiled at beomgyus attitude.

"I slept through this all, you, as I can tell from your eye bags, haven't slept." Beomgyu flicked Taehyuns hand from his thigh, teasing.

Beomgyu hummed and sat back against his pillow with a smile as the doctor backed up.

"He is in a good shape, everyday you princes amaze me, whoever stabbed you must've had some doubt. Any deeper you'd be dead young man." The doctor pulled his hair back, looking relieved after not sleeping.

Taehyun stood and bowed in thanks as the doctor took his leave with his staff, surely going to their hard earned rest.

"The royal doctors are incredible aren't they? I feel alive." Beomgyu smiled toward Taehyun as he turned around.

Beomgyus smile faltered when he saw Taehyun turn around with a hand over his mouth, looking sadly toward him. His whole body just lightly trembled. As if he were trying to catch his breath.

"Taehyun, are you alright? Did I say something?" Beomgyu winced but sat up, reaching for Taehyun to sit beside him and hold his hand.

Taehyun closed his eyes and shook his head, slowly taking Beomgyu hand with the hand he wasn't using to wipe tears from his face.

"You really suck at keeping your promises." Taehyun finally relieved Beomgyu worries when he gave a happy sounding laugh.

"I know....I'm sorry. You didn't keep yours either! I waited for you till the very last second!" Beomgyu gentle approach vanished and the two were already bickering.

"We ran into a bit of a problem. Hueningkai was- assaulted to put it nicely." Taehyun moved Beomgyus leg and sat beside him on the bed, staring at every movement Beomgyu did as he talked.

"What?! Is he alright? they invited me to their wedding!" Beomgyu was confused at what had happened when everyone left.

"Shh, don't yell you'll tear your stitches moving just calm down. He's fine, yes they're getting married Thursday." Taehyuns lips curved slightly up in the corners as his eyes followed Beomgyus lips. Blabbing as usual, but his beautiful blabbing. He intended to pay attention to the hopefully nonstop blabbing forever.

"Taehyun?- You're spacing out, are you sure you're ok? You can let go of my thigh now." Beomgyu had noticed Taehyuns blanking out very quickly.

"I'm just glad to have you back. Talking to me. I had to talk to myself....and..couldnt..." Taehyuns words became quiet and trailed off to nothing as he leaned in closer.

Beomgyu had caught on and blushed as Taehyuns hand held his thigh to the bed, his other hand moving beomgyus hair out of the way.

Beomgyu placed his hand on Taehyuns shoulder to stop him, but with hardly any restraint.

"Tyun....I look and smell like crap- not-n-now..." Beomgyu felt his systems give out as taehyun planted a lingering kiss on his cheek, smiling softly against beomgyus skin.

"You look fine to me." Taehyun pulled away from beomgyus cheek and stayed still, an inch from beomgyus lips, eyeing them like they were a rare wine to savor by looks alone.

Beomgyu, for once, couldn't come up with any complaint to say other than 'why aren't you kissing me?'

Should I ask him now? After soobin and hueningkais wedding?....

Taehyuns mind was on other things, now that he had hope for a future with beomgyu, now that he wasn't DYING, asking him to share the rest of their lives sounded way harder.

Taehyuns thoughts blew away and we're replaced with a very handsome prince in front of him, moving to kiss him.

Beomgyu couldn't bear to ask, and wanted a kiss, so without hesitation, had leaned forward and grasped Taehyuns cheeks, kissing him like he only had this one last taste of taehyun to remember. Not harshly, but lovely, and slow.

He had gotten Taehyuns attention at least.

"You do know that this is OUR wedding right?" Soobin stared at Hueningkai sitting on his bedroom floor, completely immersed in papers.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure there were plushies on the tables..." Hueningkai pouted and continued to sketch out a floor plan for the tables.

"....and that I haven't even announced our wedding yet?" Soobin sat down and lifted a piece of paper to see what else he was up to.

"Beomgyu nearly died protecting a civilian, if the king doesn't agree then we say we will all run away and leave him heirless. The people will have to learn to accept our kingdom has gay people, or leave." Hueningkais words were harsh now as he was so focused.

"What's your dish of choice for the caterer?" Hueningkai stared at soobin suddenly examining his clothing design for their suits.

"Can we have bread? a-and ice cream?" Soobin shyly fiddled his fingers asking for permission.

Hueningkai laughed and hugged soobin suddenly, making them both fall into the pile of papers.

"You do know this is OUR wedding right?" Hueningkai mocked soobins earlier statement and rubbed his stomach teasingly.

"yes, of course we can have bread and ice cream."