Chapter 6

"I'll run home, so that they don't think you're hiding at the house. You stay here, promise not to move ok? "Hueningkai quickly linked pinkies with Soobin.

"Wait Hueningkai what about you? You can't get caught!" Soobin grasped Hueningkai from behind, not wanting to lose his only ally in the outside world.

"I won't, just trust me alright? Stay here." Hueningkai left without another word, leaving soobin to helplessly worry behind the waterfall.

Taehyun had fallen asleep, watching beomgyu get dance lessons from the dance instructor, she had been trying to teach him the waltz for over an hour.

Beomgyu was told the lesson had finished since the moon was now out, and that he could have dinner.

Beomgyu went to announce this to his assistant, but found the younger boy asleep.

Beomgyu sat beside Taehyun, not wanting to wake him up. If he woke up, he'd escort him to dinner, which was probably something he didn't like.

Beomgyu leaned his back to the wall, enjoying a moment of rest in his chaotic schedule.

"Do you want different food?" Taehyuns voice scared the life out of beomgyu.

"CAN YOU STOP SURPRISING ME TODAY YOURE ALWAYS SO OMINOUS!!" beomgyu clenched his chest, regaining composure.

Taehyun laughed and stopped pretending to sleep. "I wanted to see if you'd run from me or not. I know you don't want to eat fancy dinner. Here." Taehyun slid a plate out from under his bag, he had looked to have hidden it.

The dance instructor had left the room so Taehyun wasn't worried about revealing it now.

"You stole food?" Beomgyu asked, but didn't mind since the sandwich with what looked like turkey and other toppings, looked much better than fish.

"I didn't steal it, I made it. I'm not a whole stick in the mud you know." Taehyun gave an upset face, but held up the sandwich.
"Try it, it's my favorite to eat."

Beomgyu smiled at the one kind act he had been shown in the castle.

"It has tomato..." Beomgyu noticed the red poking out from the sandwich.

"Oh? You don't eat tomato either? Here." Taehyun took the tomato out, eating it himself before offering the sandwich again.

Beomgyu smiled and took the sandwich. "Thank you."

Taehyun smiled and licked the tomato off his fingers, seeing a finally softer side of the prince he was stuck with.

No fish, no tomatoes. Taehyun noted down in his head. He couldn't starve his prince, but wasn't about to force feed him fish. If anyone asked, beomgyu stole his lunch, simple as that.

"You like it huh?" Taehyun laughed seeing the crumbs all over beomgyus face. He had been hungry and finished the whole thing already.

Taehyun wiped beomgyus face with his thumb, then licking it from his thumb since beomgyu had already dirtied his cloth from earlier.

Beomgyu stared at taehyuns actions, not surprised at his boldness at this point.

"I should've shared...I'm sorry." Beomgyu felt bad now, thinking Taehyun must've been hungry too.

"I ate a lot today before seeing you, and I can make my own later, you however shall be imprisoned for bed now." Taehyun laughed. He was glad beomgyu was finally not freaking out over everything he did.

"That's a nice way of saying I'll be locked in my room for bed." Beomgyu glared at Taehyun for ruining their friendly moment and stood, dusting himself off.

Taehyun went to grab beomgyus hand but beomgyu had grabbed his first.

"I know I know, you'll tackle me right?" Beomgyu mocked Taehyuns line from this morning, walking with the boy up the staircase to the princes quarters, then through the new door that led to beomgyus bedroom.

Beomgyu swore he would get lost without an assistant, why did castles need to be like giant stone mazes?

"Goodnight Taehyun." Beomgyu waved to his assistant as he closed the door, slumping to his long awaited bed.

Taehyun smiled to himself when beomgyu closed the door. It was the first day he thought he might survive through beomgyus stubbornness.

Hueningkai had come back after a whole hour of soobin waiting, he had moved to get out of the water, but was still plenty hidden by the bushes.

He saw Hueningkai go for the waterfall and stopped him quickly running to him to let him know he was no longer hiding there.

"You're ok? What happened? What did they do?" Soobin held hueningkais shoulders, examining for wounds.

"They didn't do anything. They aren't the ones who put a bounty on my head, they probably don't even know who I was. I told them I lived alone In the forest and they left after searching the house, everything you brought is on you."

Hueningkai was right, soobin had ran away in merely his clothing and had pawned off his coat to buy food, there really wouldn't be any sign the prince was at hueningkais house.

"We can go back now, they've left." Hueningkai smiled, soobin had waited though it had been a little over an hour.

Soobin followed Hueningkai back along the forest path, seeing the familiar cabin come into view.

"Thank you for covering for me again Kai. Now that you're better, let me repay you with the fruit I bought." Soobin jogged up to the door to hold it open for Hueningkai.

After Hueningkai went in he grabbed the jar he hid the fruit in to keep it fresh.

"Ta da! Fresh food, not rotten." Soobin smiled seeing Hueningkai light up at the sight of grapes.

"There's also bread for tomorrow." Soobin pointed to the bread on the table.

Hueningkais stomach wanted to cry seeing fresh food for the first time in a while.

Hueningkai thought a thank you wouldn't suffice and simply hugged soobin tightly.

Soobin felt his stomach do a flip as Hueningkai hugged him, usually people weren't allowed to touch him. It was a sentimental feeling, he hugged back tightly.

Soobin decided hugs would be his favorite thing from then on. That and seeing Hueningkai happily eating, the boy was really skinny.