Chapter 27

"Why haven't they attempted anything? It's been three days since the princes left, any news?" Yeonjun was talking with another guard.

"I heard that there was rumors of suspicious people searching the kingdom, think they caught on?"

Soobin had nailed the last board back in place in the floor of the second bedroom. It was morning now and he had slept perfectly with Hueningkai next to him.

He felt like he was in a fairytale, especially when he walked outside for a break to find Hueningkai hanging up a clothes line in the breeze.

Gorgeous....he was gorgeous...

Hueningkai had caught a glimpse of another person between the blankets that were drying.

"Beomgyu?" Hueningkai assumed since the hair was black, that maybe beomgyu came to check on him.

"Wrong." Soobin laughed and wrapped a shirt behind Hueningkai to pull him closer for a kiss.

The problem was that soobin didn't have black hair, and had came from behind Hueningkai.

"Shhh stop I think beomgyu is spying on us." Hueningkai blocked the kiss and checked again for the place he saw the person, but no one was there.

"What? Beomgyu is looking for that stupid well with Taehyun, not around the house." Soobin was a bit confused.

"I saw black hair over the blanket though." Hueningkai pulled the blanket back a third time, just to make sure no one was there.

"Well, since no one is here I can kiss you all I want right?" Soobin smiled when he saw hueningkais cheeks go pink.

Soobin pulled the blankets hanging on the clothes line to cover them.

"How far would a stupid well be?! Can we at least sit down for a minute?" Beomgyu was complaining after Taehyun had led him out in the woods around the house looking for a well.

"Listen, if youre just going to complain do me a favor and head back." Taehyun kneeled to pull apart a bush, checking for a stone well wall. Nothing.

Beomgyu didn't want to break his promise, but when he fell in the floor he hurt his ankle, and walking this long on it was killing him.

"Please Taehyun...just five minutes...." Beomgyu stopped, trying to catch his breath.

Taehyun noticed that beomgyu was awfully slow today, usually the boy would speed walk like a race car.

"Alright, five minutes." Taehyun sat down on a log, inviting beomgyu over near him to sit down.

They were only about five feet apart when beomgyu tried to approach Taehyun to rest.

Beomgyu was stopped at four feet when he tripped over something really fucking hard and suddenly felt like he was going down a rabbit hole.

He didn't process that he had actually almost fallen down a giant deep well, old enough to probably crumble in if he did fall.

"Are you alright?!" Taehyuns wincing breathes made beomgyu look up to the cause of why he didn't fall. Taehyun had caught him by the arm.

Beomgyu also acknowledged that holding him over a well top was probably hard, and quickly tried to get out with the help of Taehyun.

"Can you use your feet to gain traction on the wall?!" Taehyun was trying so hard to pull beomgyu up but, it was extremely hard when he was already halfway down the well.

"I'm trying!-" beomgyu shared a grunt with Taehyun as they,together, managed to lift beomgyu from the well, making beomgyu land flat on top of Taehyun.

At least this time Taehyun hadn't got beomgyus knee straight in the groin.

"Ah! I'm sorry...thanks." beomgyu tried to get off but Taehyun had hugged him to his chest to stay put.

Beomgyu had thought maybe Taehyun had been sentimental and was being sweet, it made him blush.

And then Taehyun completely ruined the moment.

"I think someone is watching us, stay down."

"How did you manage this?" Hueningkai had walked inside with soobin to see what he had been working on.

It was surprising that the labeled 'spoiled prince' could do way more than anyone he knew. He wasn't spoiled at all, in fact it seemed as though soobin would do everything himself so he wouldn't owe anyone anything.

"Taehyun is really busy taking care of all of us, I thought I could handle some of the fixing." Soobin demonstrated the sturdy floor and then smiled.

Hueningkai clapped and rubbed soobins tummy. "Oh!! How talented our soobin is~~"

"So would you let me teach you to read now?" Soobin grasped hueningkais hands so he couldn't literally run from the question.

Hueningkai pouted and swayed a bit. "It's so hard....Ill just ask someone to read it out loud for meeee."

Soobin frowned, there were countless situations where being able to read was important. He began to brainstorm how to get Hueningkai interested in learning it.

Soobin found an inspiring motivation when he grabbed a pen and ink from the desk and began to scribble things onto a paper.

Hueningkai watched curiously.

"W-what are you writing?" He was peeking over soobins shoulder and to him it just looked like a bunch of shapes and scribbles.

"Oh if only you knew how to read you'd be able to read what I wrote." Soobin rolled his eyes and sighed dramatically.

"..ttsh whatever I can ask Taehyun and Beomgyu to read it for me.." Hueningkai was so cute when he pouted, but soobin wasn't going to give in.

"It's about you~~" soobin waved the paper in front of Hueningkai like a bone to a puppy.

Hueningkai couldn't hold back his curiosity any longer and snatched the paper.

Soobin smiled seeing the corners of Hueningkais lips curl and his eyebrows furrow trying to figure out what it said.

"Fine!!! I give up! Teach me..." Hueningkai didn't know why he thought that staring at the letters would just magically make him learn to read in the first place.

"Ok, we can start with the sounds of each letter so you can sound it out, if you sound it out you can basically guess what it says." Soobin was excited to teach Hueningkai now.

That letter was important for Hueningkai to read after all.