Chapter 41

A/N: I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPDATE°_°

"I can't believe you mustered up crocodile tears..." Hueningkai muttered and blew a bubble off his knees.

"You know you like this, stop being so cute." Soobin was flattering Hueningkai while shaping his hair with shampoo.

If I could stay like this...forever...soobin savored the warmth of Hueningkais bare back against his chest as they laid in the warm bubbly water together.

Soobin massaged the soap into hueningkais back and then up towards his shoulders.

Hueningkai made an adorable little him and leaned his head back, thanking soobin with a kiss.

"I'll make it work, alright?" Soobin moved the wet bangs from hueningkais forehead, already knowing what hueningkai was thinking about staring at him sadly.

Fake smiles didn't hide anything when you stare into someone's eyes long enough.

Hueningkai was going to reply, but instead yelped with a jump when the door opened to the bedroom outside.

Soobin quickly got out of the bath and rushed for a towel.

"Soobin? Soobin are you in the bathro-" yeonjun was abrubtely stopped from opening the bathroom door by a wet soobin answering the door with a towel around his waist.

The door was cracked only an inch, enough to see only soobins side.

"Yes? What is it?" Soobin tried to answer as casually as possible.

Yeonjun was obviously suspicious, trying to look past soobin into the bathroom.

"What are you doing?* Yeonjun gave soobin the curious eyes, trying to intimidate him into spilling.

"I'm bathing, like a human does, by myself. Is that a problem junnie?" Soobin put on a fake performance of confidence, making yeonjun just barely believe him.

"Alright....well the queen wanted me to give you this letter, I'll leave it on the bedside so that you can read it when you're done....bathing." yeonjun wiggled the envelope and gave soobin and his bath towel one more suspicious look before leaving the envelope and the room.

Soobin was beyond relieved and turned around, seeing that he didn't have to explain because Hueningkai heard all of it.

"I guess we should get the day started huh? It's around...lunch? I'll drain the bath you can go get dressed first."

Beomgyu still hadn't moved from the door, afraid to hurt his ankle more. He had hurt it falling off the bed to chase his mother. It wasn't bad enough to ruin it's healing, but still hurt.

"Beomgyu, I just spoke to soobin about the queens announcement.....now you both know....can I come in?" Yeonjun had a lunch tray to give to the prince.

Soobin usually took Hueningkai to the dining hall for a grand assortment of food, they could eat the whole castle together.

The queen was supposed to deliver beomgyus food today, but said she couldn't be around beomgyu right now, so instead, yeonjun was the sacrificial lamb.

"No. I don't want it. Thanks anyway hyung." Beomgyu picked at the loose threads in his nightshirt, tired of today already.

"You're on the floor still aren't you?" Yeonjun set the tray down on the hallway floor and tried to open the door, causing a grunt from beomgyu on the other side.

Yeonjun pushed the door open, barely, and kneeled down to sit besides beomgyu.

"He won't stay gone forever....maybe it's better.....at least you'd all be safe? Right?" Yeonjun was dissappointed when beomgyu didn't even look at him.

"I'd rather die then live here without Taehyun."

Yeonjun's blood went cold hearing the seriousness in beomgyus voice. Could he really lose both of his princes in one blow? These two boys meant that much to them now? This wouldn't be as easy as helping them run away anymore....

Hueningkai finished changing into one of soobins larger white shirts and some pants before planting himself into the bed, happy from their shared bath.

He suddenly remembered why they were interupted and got nosy.

He was marrying soobin right? Husband's shouldn't be unable to read eachothers letters, no biggie right?

Hueningkai reached on the nightstand and grabbed the envelope yeonjun left, excited.

He ripped it open, accidentally giving himself a papercut on the thumb.

He blew on his finger briefly before unfolding the fancy looking letter.

It was from the queen herself! Maybe she wrote a letter because soobins her step-son....beomgyu was still awkward with the king, he didn't even recall soobin meeting the queen.

There were so many things he wanted to fix about this family. If he had his way he would

1. Marry soobin and be the best man at Taehyun and Beomgyu's wedding.

2. Allow anyone to love eachother in the village. Regardless of gender.

3. Give the royal family a vacation to just bond with eachother, theyre humans too, a break would do them great.

And 4 ....he wouldnt have read that letter.

Dearest soobin,

I know we don't know eachother all that well yet, so it pains me that Im to be the one to deliver the news of your engagement.

Hueningkai didn't read farther.

Engagement? Soobin was engaged?

If they sent him a letter, he must not know. Which means it wasn't his doing.

Hueningkai tried to remind himself of that but re-read the letter a thousand times over hoping the words would change.

"Sorry, I spilled the soap. Ready for lunch?" Soobin came out of the bathroom and closed the door.

Hueningkai immediately stuffed the envelope in his pocket, panicked. He acted like nothing happened and simply nodded with a smile.

"Yup!... Where's your ring?" Hueningkai noticed the lack of shine on soobins left hand as they intertwined their hands.

"What?....MY RING!!?" soobin took a second to process before freaking out. He in fact, was ringless.

"Oh my God I swear I just had it!" Soobin only felt worse seeing a saddened look sprawl across hueningkais face.

Sad Hueningkai, was the worst thing in the world.

"I'm sorry Kai, just give me a minute I probably lost it in the bath!" Soobin jogged over into the bathroom to look for it.

Hueningkai stared at his own ring on his finger.....was this a bad idea?